- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, or related discipline; advanced degree is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in an analytics role
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python, SQL, R and/or SAS; additional knowledge of other data mining software (Spark, Scala, etc.) is a plus
- Exposure to credit bureau, online, mobile, and social data is helpful
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You’ll Work With
You will work in their New York office with their Financial Services Lab team, your analytics colleagues, other McKinsey consultants, and clients.
McKinsey helps a broad range of banking and financial institutions navigate a dynamically changing environment, in which regulatory constraints, consumer de-leveraging, and evolving channel dynamics present significant obstacles to profitability. They work with their clients to build custom software solutions that combine deep industry expertise and quantitative analytics and research and while helping them build capabilities needed for long-term success.
With minimal supervision, you will analyze and evaluate large quantities of data, effectively balancing quality, availability, timeliness, and cost factors.
Leveraging your advanced data analysis skills and understanding of client needs and expectations, you will create innovative approaches to answer their clients’ most complex questions. You will apply a data-driven analytical approach to an enormous variety of problems in banking practices such as a world-leading bank figuring out how to best do its customer care across all of its channels or an M&A project which needs to find a most effective way to combine two credit card portfolios and expand customer bases.
You will apply your strong communication and project management skills to lead end-to-end delivery of both client-facing engagements and internal software development. You will be responsible for the entire analytical process with minimal supervision – from outlining the type of solution through implementation, interpretation of results and transferring capabilities to the client or colleagues, and often leading a small team of junior colleagues.
You will constructively discuss your findings in dialog with consultants and clients while always looking for the best solution, serving as a critical thought partner.
Some work at the client site is expected. Working on projects and exchanging experiences with your colleagues means you will face new intellectual challenges on a daily basis, while continuously building your methodological knowledge and skills.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1