Advance your career at Liberty Mutual – A Fortune 100 Company!
GRM Actuarial – Predictive Modeling is seeking a highly motivated Senior Data Scientist who is eager to make an impact on the complex and evolving insurance industry. The Predictive Modeling team is responsible for applying sophisticated predictive modeling and analytical analysis to a broad range of business problems; communicating the results of their work to stakeholders; and providing guidance and peer oversight to other modeling groups. You will leverage primary data, advanced quantitative modeling and financial analysis to develop predictive models and analytical tools that enable data-driven strategic decision-making. This role requires broad knowledge of predictive analytics techniques and advanced application of those techniques to a variety of business issues. You will provide highly technical analytical assessments of business issues to a mixture of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with other business partners to develop appropriate statistical approaches and tools that will drive strategic decision making related to reserving, trends and other challenging problems central to our business.
- Research, recommend, and implement new and/or alternative statistical and other mathematical methodologies appropriate for the given model or analysis.
- Perform highly complex, technical and creative predictive analytics projects.
- Manage and prioritize multiple moderate-to-highly complex projects including gathering business requirements, developing project goals and requirements, coordinating project timelines, and communicating project status and deliverables with customers and management.
- Understand the competitive marketplace, business issues, and data challenges to deliver actionable insights, recommendations and business processes.
- Present findings, share insights, and make recommendations that impact profitability, growth and/or customer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicate results in written, oral and presentation formats.
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or any other quantitative field plus a minimum of 4-5 years of applied business/non-academic experience preferred OR Ph.D. plus a minimum of 2-4 years of experience preferred OR ACAS plus a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Advanced analytical/problem solving and research skills.
- Proficient in predictive analytics including real-world experience in model development, validation, and testing.
- Proficient with at least one language for data analysis, such as R, Python or SAS.
- Experience with large analysis datasets and Enterprise-scale database systems.
- Experience with statistical techniques including generalized linear models, survival models, random forests, clustering, and Bayesian approaches to data analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical results to a non-technical business audience.
- Knowledge of insurance principles, underwriting and ratemaking concepts and the various functions of an insurance organization, including Finance, Underwriting, Sales and Claims desirable.
- Ability to perform high-level work both independently and collaboratively as a project team member or leader.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1