Are you passionate about seeing a direct link between your work and Spotify’s ability to execute?
Spotify’s Global Strategy Ops Team is looking for a Senior Data Scientist who wants to use their experience and skills in data science and machine learning and apply it to operational data by building data models, metrics, dashboards, and research that identify and track how agile, productive and effective the company is.
Spotify has an audacious mission and they’re growing a lot to make it happen. As they grow, they need scalable approaches to track and understand where they can improve. Spotify seeks a creative thinker who has a desire to implement and deliver on big ideas. Your role will be to harness data to insights that identify the next areas of productivity improvement and informs how they best address them.
It is an opportunity to evolve how Spotify works with quantitative data from internal development and collaboration tools used by teams (e.g. Jira, Google Suite, Backstage, Coda, Workday) in terms of how the tools are used (statistics and NLP) and qualitative data from company-wide or function-wide surveys. The purpose is to provide data driven insights to better understand how Spotify gets things done. Ultimately, they want everyone to stay informed about the different dimensions of productivity in meaningful ways. Spotify also wants to lead the way to engaging and powerful productivity metrics.
You’ll join Spotify’s Global Strategy Operations team that supports Spotify’s executive leadership team and the 9000+ Spotifiers. Their mission is to make Spotify world-class at strategy execution. You will be the first Data Scientist in the team and partner closely with Platform Insights, Productivity Engineering and People Analytics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with Analysts, Data Scientists and Data Engineers across teams to understand the work management ecosystem, identify corresponding data needs, come up with technical proposals, and influence these partners on opportunities for improvement
- Build deep operational data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Develop, launch and maintain data pipelines for new operational data and metrics
- Explore and understand and organize existing operational data and metrics
- Build and maintain user-oriented dashboards and significant, actionable data visualizations (e.g. Tableau, R-Shiny).
- Formulate and validate hypotheses related to the effectiveness of our engineering organization
- Perform analysis on the data to extract impactful insights that will help drive product and engineering decisions and business performance
- Be a key partner in building out a data informed approach to strategy execution
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have 3+ years relevant experience and a degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, economics or another quantitative subject area
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders
- Start-up mindset. You are prepared to collaborate and tackle problems outside of your comfort zone
- You know how to tackle loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and impactful insights
- You are comfortable analyzing large datasets with statistical rigor (such as regression modeling, a/b testing and significance testing)
- You have experience performing analysis with datasets in a cloud-based data processing environment, such as BigQuery or similar
- You have coding skills, ideally in languages such as Python
- You are pragmatic, yet curious and open-minded to exploring new ways of doing things
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1