Home & Explore (SF) – This team seeks to understand user behavior and identify opportunities to improve the experience on our highest-profile product surface areas the Home Timeline and Explore tabs. As a technical lead for Home & Explore you will mentor others in metric definition, experiment design, and analysis in addition to owning your own projects that use science to address our users’ needs.
What You’ll Do
You will be a key member of the Growth Data Science team working closely with their partners in engineering, product, design, and user research. Your work will directly influence exciting new product areas and help grow Twitter users around the globe.
Who You Are
- You have an advanced degree with a background in quantitative analysis or possess commensurate work experience using these skills to solve problems and answer questions in an industry setting.
- You are a self-starter who is capable of learning on the job, takes initiative, and can thrive within a large team. You can pivot from blockers and develop a new approach when there are no precedents.
- You have experience owning complex projects from start to finish and influencing entire organizations with the work you do. You define a data science roadmap and execute against it in collaboration with others.
- You are passionate about insights, not just data. You’re a strategic thinker and are able to synthesize methodology and data into actionable business and/or product strategy from your analyses.
- You communicate your findings clearly and effectively to a wide audience of relevant partners, and are capable of building meaningful presentations and analyses that tell a story.
- You are personable, empathetic, and able to connect with each and every person on the team and throughout the company.
- 5+ years of Data Science experience or a related field
- Conduct analyses to learn from our vast amount of data
- Apply advanced statistical techniques to model user behavior, identify causal impact and attribution, build and benchmark metrics.
- Write complex data flows using SQL, Spark, Scalding, R and Python scripts.
- Use data visualization tools (e.g, Tableau, Zeppelin) to share ongoing insights.
- Communicate findings to executives and cross-functional product teams.
They are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer.
They do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, they will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1