Who they are:
Bukalapak is an e-commerce unicorn (valuation USD$1bn+) in Indonesia that sells a diverse range of products, virtual products and financing solutions, for millions of online shoppers and sellers all over Indonesia. Founded with the singular mission of empowering Indonesia through digital technology, they’ve become the largest e-marketplace in Indonesia, with tens of millions of visitors and USD $100 million+ in monthly transactions.
According to McKinsey, online commerce sales in Indonesia is expected to grow substantially to USD$65 Billion by 2022. With global investors eyeing Indonesia as the next big growth area, Bukalapak is a rocketship that has a foothold in the largest market in Southeast Asia. As they start to grow their technological impact beyond e-commerce, they remain staunchly focused on their spirit of empowerment.
With millions of shoppers and sellers already using bukalapak.com, Bukalapak is looking for exceptional data talent who can accelerate its progress towards delivering its mission. While Bukalapak’s roadmaps are challenging and ambitious, having fun while traversing the roads together will always be one of its values.
About the role
Bukalapak is looking for a Senior Data Scientist in Machine Learning to handle their >4 Petabytes data and drive business insight to grow their ecosystem. This position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. No Bahasa Indonesia required.
You should have:
- MS in a technical field, PhD Preferred. Formal advanced education in machine learning, AI, computer science, engineering preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in Data Science, Business Analytics, Business Intelligence, or related technical field working as Data Scientist
- Business savviness to generate and present insights to senior stakeholders
- Innovate using ML to produce industry leading Insight generation processes
- Expert with various ML technology, and ability to design and implement a production ML model to process large Datasets
- Past experience in e-commerce platforms will be highly valuable
You will be:
- Driving the team to create world class actionable insights
- Ability to set company wide ML vision, and set the standard of developing and delivery Models in the company
- Design and drive a scalable ML/AI development pipeline to solve large scale problems
- Actively driving large scale collaboration with internal and external parties that will benefit the whole company
- Driving for continuous improvement and better management of dependencies and integration with other teams and functions
- Direct and develop high impact machine learning projects to use the best in current technologies
- Set and influence the vision of machine learning in Bukalapak, growing internal capability to become world class
If you’re interested, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1