They are looking for a talented, experienced Data Scientist to join their cross-functional team, focusing on the deep evaluation of Maps services and features. They work directly with the Engineering and Product teams responsible for quantifying, measuring, and monitoring usage and user experiences across the Maps platform. Their day-to-day work crosses many functional areas, including exploratory data analysis, generative analytics, data mining, and more.
- You have 4+ years of experience with data analysis on a web-scale.
- You’re experienced with at least one programming/scripting language (e.g., Python, Scala, Java).
- Your background includes at least one database language (e.g., SQL).
- You have strong communication and presentation skills.
- Nice-to-have Experience
- Experience writing Scala for automating analytic tasks at scale.
- You have prior industry experience with large data sets using technologies like Hadoop, Hive, and Spark.
- You have proven experience in information retrieval.
- Domain-specific knowledge of the mapping/transportation industry
DescriptionYou’ll build data products (datasets, analyses, models, etc.) and tools (typically in Python or Scala) to drive hypothesis generation and support collaborative decision-making with their partner teams in engineering and product management.
Create and validate actionable metrics, at both the component level and to measure overall user engagement.
Develop models and analyses to mine large volumes of data, extract insights, and recommend opportunities for product improvements.
Automate analyses and pipelines via SQL and Python/Scala-based ETL frameworks.
Communicate insights to partner teams to influence product direction with data.
Use data intuition to translate hard product goals and business problems into solvable data science problems,
Help to guide junior data scientists.
Education & experience in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Operations Research, or similar quantitative domain; (will consider MS with significant related experience).
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1