Senior Data Scientist, NLP – Voice of the Customer – Remote
Come Make the World With Them
The Voice of the Customer team at Stanley Black and Decker is a rare opportunity. While they share common industry problems (processing tens of millions of comments in many languages), they have a unique opportunity: to directly influence new product development. Their eCommerce voice of the customer team partners directly with product engineering so that they can improve their existing high-quality products or invent entirely new products. You will be able to hold the products that you influence in your hand and know they will improve homes all around the world.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll be part of their Data & Analytics team located remotely.
You’ll get to:
- Learn & stay current on analytics developments in modern NLP (transformer-based architectures, BERT, Roberta, GPT, SpaCy, explainable AI, ethical AI, etc.)
- Appropriately balance technical complexity with project risk to maximize business impact
- Determine appropriate analytical approaches and predictive modeling techniques for business problems and leads their development and execution.
- Report findings by creating useful and appropriate data outputs and visualizations tailored for the intended audiences
- Motivate team members and probes into technical details, and mentors others to do the same
- Provide guidance to develop team-wide analytics NLP strategy and roadmap
- Interact with internal and external peers and management to share complex information/solutions related to areas of expertise in ways that are clear to business partners
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job…but wouldn’t it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality – at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You’re not intimidated by innovation. You will be responsible for providing strategic leadership for the development, validation, and delivery of algorithms, statistical models, and reporting tools for their “voice of the customer” project. You’ll act as the analytic team lead for highly complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
You also have:
- Advanced degree (MS/Ph.D.) in a relevant technical field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics) with 3+ years of experience in NLP and 5+ total years of experience in data science
- Strong practical knowledge of NLP techniques and methodologies such as sequence to sequence models, attention-based neural network architectures, topic modeling, document classification, and transfer learning (HuggingFace, SpaCy, etc.)
- Experience with neural network packages (Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Experience appropriately applying low compute cost NLP approaches as business problems demand (TFIDF, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in programming in Python
- Familiarity with cloud-based solutions such as AWS EMR, MS Azure, GCP
- A proven ability to turn insights into practical business actions
- Experience presenting to and collaborating with non-technical business partners
- History of working with ML Engineers to launch auto-scaling microservices
- Desire to periodically publish new NLP techniques the team has developed
- Experience programmatically building knowledge graphs
- Modern network analysis (NetworkX, graph-based neural networks, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with explainable AI (LIME, Shapley, etc.)
- Exposure to data augmentation techniques
- Interest in multi-lingual transformer-based architectures
What You’ll Receive
You’ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
They want their company to be a place you’ll want to be – and stay. Being part of their team means you’ll get to:
- Grow: Be part of their global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera®, and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help them continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back, and sustainable business practices.
What’s more, you’ll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors, and everyday heroes all over the world. They’re more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. They’re visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as they’ve been in the past, they have so much further to go. That’s where you come in. Join them!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1