The Platform team creates technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in their users and their business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, they work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities, and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join them and help to amplify productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
Spotify is a fast-moving company with an ambition that every decision should be data-informed and every feature is fueled with data. To make this happen they invest heavily in their data engineering and insights function. Their tribe works closely with its users, engineers, and technical teams throughout the company. In this role, you’ll be supporting their customers and PDX to identify opportunities with data support end to end productivity for engineering teams. You will study their user behavior, support new product decisions, understand their strategic initiatives, and bring data and insights into high impact business collaborations. You will significantly impact how Spotify works with observing, understanding, and impacting the way the world experiences music through Spotify.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of skilled engineers, data scientists, user researchers, product managers, and designers who are all passionate about creating a world-class experience for all their users and employees.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to the tribe and key stakeholders, helping to activate data best practices in the PDX teams as well as the analyst and engineering communities across all of Spotify.
- Define metrics, build and analyze dashboards, reports and key datasets to empower data-informed product development.
- Perform exploratory analysis to understand who their users are, how they get value out of their offering and where they can further develop their product to bring greater value
- Work from their offices in New York
Who You Are
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience, with a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics or any other quantitative discipline.
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners and enjoys mentoring and teaching others you know how to understand and seek loosely defined problems and come up with meaningful answers and actionable insights.
- You have an understanding of how to instrument products to accurately collect user and system behaviors through data for a wide variety of insight and product development use cases.
- You have the competence to perform advanced analytics.
- Experience performing analysis with large dataset analytics and visualization tools experience (such as SQL, Tableau, R, Pandas)
- You possess statistical competence (such as regression modeling and significance testing)
- Coding skills (such as Python, Java or Scala)
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Their platform is for everyone, and so is their workplace. The more voices they have represented and amplified in their business, the more they will all thrive, contribute and be brilliant. So bring them your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in their differences that they will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in 2008. Their mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything they do is driven by their love for music and podcasting. Today, they are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1