They are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help them execute Spotify’s original podcast strategy. You will define success measures, track performance, and rapidly learn and iterate so that they can deliver content that delights their users. You will use sophisticated techniques on datasets to build meaningful business insights and recommendations.
A successful candidate should love podcasts and solving problems by diving into data to build awesome dashboards for automating regular reporting processes. You should have a strong sense of design and a keen understanding of which metrics matter and which don’t and possess strong communication skills to interface between technical and content business teams.
What You’ll Do
- Perform analysis on large sets of data to extract measurable insights that will drive decisions, with a particular focus on podcasts.
- Analyze podcast data to determine trends, and output reports with clear recommendations.
- Define KPI’s and success metrics, build and analyze dashboards (Tableau), reports and key datasets to empower data-informed development.
- Communicate recommendations to non-technical audiences, through clear visualizations and presentations.
- Present data in a format that is immediately useful to answer questions about the inputs and outputs of forecasting to better understand the value and impact of content initiatives.
- Develop an understanding of the podcast content landscape.
Who You Are
- Passionate about podcasts and content in general. Previous experience in media, entertainment, or technology is a strong preference.
- Natural communicator, who focuses just as much on the delivery and the “so what” of your insights, as you do on the technical craft of extracting them.
- 5+ years of relevant applied experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in economics, computer science, statistics, mathematics, or a related field.
- Technical competence to perform advanced analytics; experience performing analysis with large datasets with SQL, R, Python, or equivalents.
- Work with data visualization tools and data visualization concepts. Preference for Tableau experience.
- Experience reviewing insights and intelligence to provide recommendations to stakeholders, many of which will be non-technical.
- Experience reviewing insights and intelligence to provide recommendations to partners.
- Deep understanding of statistics and experience working with real-world data, as well as a strong business sense.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Their platform is for everyone, and so is their workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in their business, the more they will all thrive, contribute and be brilliant. So bring them your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in their differences that they will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1