Bose Health is on a mission to help consumers and patients reach their fullest human potential by living healthier, more engaged lives through mental, physical and social wellbeing. We currently have opportunities for experienced cloud software engineers to get in on the ground floor as we define a new Bose product category that will improve people’s lives in ways they didn’t imagine possible. Hint: it’s not a radio.
At Bose, we’ve spent more than 50 years finding new ways to bring quality audio products to people—in their homes, in automobiles, in airplanes, and just about anywhere else that there is a possibility to enjoy music. Our legendary Wave® music system, SoundLink® Mini Bluetooth speaker, or QuietComfort® acoustic noise cancelling headphones may ring a bell with you. Bose relies on exceptional people to create and deliver those products to our customers.
We are stretching our vision and obsessive approach to providing customer benefit by focusing on improving people’s lives in fundamentally new ways beyond audio entertainment. Our emerging businesses leverage new-to-the-world technologies, along with academic and corporate partnerships, and translate them into compelling consumer experiences that make a difference. This new group has the bold attitude and flexibility of a startup with the financial backing and market leadership of a world-class brand.
If the prospect of making a positive tangible impact on millions of people excites you, and you enjoy working on teams with other really smart people, then we want to meet you.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
As a key member of the team you will be responsible for creating, maintaining and monitoring the infrastructure which hosts the services running in the Bose Health Cloud. You will be responsible for working with product engineering, research and several other groups to create the infrastructure that will support all of our current and in development health products.
- Build test and production environments on AWS, as well as developing automated procedures to provision and configure the environments and applications.
- Ensure that the Bose Health Cloud is architected and managed in full compliance of GDPR, HIPAA and FDA regulations.
- Make modifications to our production infrastructure to minimize downtime and handle anticipated load patterns and rapidly increasing demand.
- Maintain and improve our current configuration management system.
- Ensure that all vital services are monitored, and alerts are actionable.
- Support and extend logging tools.
- Document the work you do, especially APIs that you create.
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks.
- Focus on innovating new and better ways to create solutions that add value and amaze the end user, with a penchant for simple elegant design in every aspect from data structures to code to UI and systems architecture.
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities that ensure we are using the best techniques and tools.
- 3+ years in a DevOps role on AWS
- 1+ years experience with containerization using Docker or ECS
- 1+ years with orchestration using Kubernetes or EKS
- Experience with GDPR/HIPAA compliant service architectures highly desirable
- Working knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Aurora), NoSQL databases (Mongo, Cassandra, HBase, BigTable, Redis), or Big Data storage solutions
- Experience with cloud-based distributed application scaling & data processing
- Experience following Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Consumer Electronics
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1