Location: San Francisco, CA
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a DevOps Software Engineer at Hired Inc., you will be a critical member of the Technical Operations team. We are responsible for ensuring the uptime and performance of Hired’s products and services, as well as managing the tools and environments that support our developers.
In this role, you will be building automation, improving monitoring and security, troubleshooting issues, and analyzing performance. You should be comfortable writing code, designing scalable services, and operating a customer-facing web application with high uptime requirements. This role is based in our San Francisco office.
WHAT WE NEED YOUR HELP WITH
- Manage and improve our infrastructure to ensure the uptime and performance of our global marketplace.
- Collaborate with the development teams to design scalable and supportable services.
- Continually evaluate the security of Hired’s systems and applications, with an emphasis on data security.
- Develop tools and services to support the software development teams.
- Build automation for routine, simple, and complex tasks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve active production issues.
- Collaborate with peers and key stakeholders to develop and maintain disaster recovery processes.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 3+ years of software development, with a strong preference for Ruby on Rails.
- 5+ years of operations engineering experience supporting global 24x7x365 web applications.
- 3+ years of experience with configuration management (Chef, Puppet, etc.) and infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, Cloudformation, etc.)
- Expertise with AWS (EC2, S3, Redshift, IAM, KMS, etc).
- Experience with managing applications in Heroku.
- Expertise in troubleshooting complex customer-facing systems.
- Experience supporting CI/CD platforms and related software development tools.
- Working knowledge of ElasticSearch, Postgres, Memcached, and Redis.
- Experience working with global CDNs like Fastly or Akamai.
- Comfortable with Linux, security, and networking fundamentals.
- A passion for ownership and technical excellence.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS, & PERKS
- Competitive compensation & equity options
- Open vacation & sick time
- Flexible work hours
- Employer paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Gym reimbursement
- Weekly educational classes & catered lunch
- Weekly happy hours, Monthly team events
- Stocked kitchen & beverages
- Computer Software
- Staffing & Recruiting
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1