At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. They are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators, and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. They’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for a seasoned leader for the Data Science and Artificial Intelligence group within Visa. This person is not only a talented leader, but also has strong technical depth and experience in the application of Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Data Science techniques to the domain of Cybersecurity. As a core product and engineering team, this role involves building innovative solutions and collaborating with engineering and product partners across the global Visa organization that help secure Visa against a variety of threats and attacks. They will rely on your leadership to establish a roadmap and vision as this team engages in existing and newly emerging areas. This position reports directly to the Global Head of Cybersecurity Products and Security Architecture Engineering team and will be based out of Foster City, CA, or Ashburn, VA locations.
- Core responsibility: Provide leadership and direction in the innovation of bleeding-edge cybersecurity analytics-based technologies with a focus on data science and applied artificial intelligence techniques. This will drive Visa’s competitive advantage in payments by facilitating a best in class security infrastructure. You will be heavily engaged and will collaborate with two core teams. First – Visa’s insider threat team and second – PD technology/IAM/fraud teams defending against authentication-related threats. In addition, you will collaborate with colleagues in technology and product offices to establish effective, productive business relationships.
- Fiscal discipline: You will be leading multi-million dollar global projects, working with your team and PMO organization to develop timelines, constructing a business case, cost estimates, ROI, and drive deliverables on time and budget
- Hiring and talent management: Build and manage a team of the very top talent with a track record of recruiting talent in cybersecurity analytics, data science, and software engineering.
- Presentation & communication skills: Be able to present results to a cross-section of employees, including C-Level and other senior-most leadership at Visa.
- The core responsibility of the team: This team is responsible for the design, implementation, and product engineering of Visa’s cybersecurity data analytics solutions. This team has products defending the perimeter using behavior biometrics and internally against Insider threat attacks. Using data science techniques, the team will build the tools and use cases to successfully help in the prevention of cyberattacks.
- Engineering muscle: The candidate should be an engineer at heart, possessing software engineering skills besides data science skills, allowing them to lead teams that build some of the most critical and marquee products in the entire company.
- Chief data scientist: The candidate will be using their core competencies around AI and data science and help drive their teams to build models that work at scale, harnessing Petabytes of data while applying it to products that need to respond with cyber analytics in milliseconds.
- R&D: Lead and instrument work around developing AI prototypes and algorithms.
- Have a Masters, Ph.D., or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, or related field)
- 10+ years of experience in Machine Learning, Data Science, data engineering, or Software Engineering, with at least 5+ of those years managing and leading Data Science or ML/software Engineering teams.
- Experience designing a data science roadmap and executing the vision behind it.
- Track record of delivering data-driven products and insights, and influencing product and engineering decisions.
- Experience working on Cybersecurity Insider Threat use cases and Investigations is a plus
- Experience working on Behavior Biometrics and anomaly detection/fraud-related use cases is a plus
- Experience with Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and criminal actors and advanced knowledge of associated Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP) is a plus
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with advanced and 0-day threats, intrusions, malware infection, packet analysis
- Experience working with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure) and infrastructure-as-code (e.g., Terraform)
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for 0-5% of the time for work-related travel.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement: Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1