Location: Towson, MD
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker’s 2017 Revenue was $13B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $9.0B of SBD annual revenue. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer based in Towson, MD.
This is a position that requires extensive experience in writing and developing code in low level programming languages.
- Design and develop power electronic firmware and specifications for AC and BLDC motor controls for power tools.
- Implement and validate electronic designs through test and simulation work.
- Develop software verification and validation procedures that include unit and integration testing.
- Provide leadership in achieving cost, performance and quality objectives of all related electronic systems, components, and sub-assemblies.
- Develop solutions for electronic system related issues as a member of a project team.
- Assure that appropriate documentation is maintained for work performed.
- Translate customer requirements into software specifications.
- Analyze and reach sound decisions in complex technical situations.
- Embrace cross functional teamwork.
- BSEE, BSCS, BSCE or equivalent (4 years) from accredited computer/electrical engineering college
- 3+ years of experience in research/product development of embedded firmware or MS in electrical/computer engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of writing and debugging embedded 8bit/16bit/ARM microcontrollers in C.
- Experience with closed loop control and feedback systems for AC and BLDC motors (sensored and sensorless).
- Familiar with software development processes and controls (static analysis, version control, unit testing, bug tracking).
- Ability to generate and evaluate creative/innovative ideas and inspire others to do so.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to influence the organization and to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Foster and maintain a high level of integrity in all aspects of work.
- Ability to travel and interface with overseas electronic contract manufacturers, and provide technical direction to obtain quality electronics assemblies for tool production.
- Ability to handle 2-3 concurrent projects
US – GTS – Power Tools & Equipment (PTE)
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
- Consumer Goods
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1