The Relevance and Personalization team at Airbnb is responsible for search and personalization across the entire Airbnb digital platform. Be a leader in the team working on critical, impactful projects with a focus on the search ranking, recommendations, autocomplete, query understanding and Airbnb’s ranking platform. They collaborate closely with teams across Airbnb to customize the guest search experience and support a healthy marketplace for hosts and guests to further Airbnb’s mission of creating a world where people can Belong Anywhere.
They work on all parts of the ML stack from analyzing search usage to running controlled experiments, building models, writing data pipelines, and implementing updates to the online search service.
As an Engineering Manager reporting to VP and Technical Fellow of Search and Personalization, Ronny Kohavi, you will lead a talented group of engineers, set the technical direction, and help deliver impactful features. You will be responsible for developing the team by recruiting and hiring, by investing in team members’ career growth as their coach and advocate, and by fostering team health. You will have a solid background in machine learning / artificial intelligence, ideally with experience in search ranking or personalization.
- Partner with Relevance leadership and cross-functional partners to set the strategic direction for Airbnb’s search and machine learning efforts and to establish a center of excellence for relevance and personalization.
- Lead machine learning and software engineering decision-making and define the engineering roadmap to meet project goals.
- Establish processes — project management, collaboration, code quality — to help the team operate efficiently.
- Recruit and hire talented software engineers in collaboration with Airbnb’s recruiting team.
- Invest in team members’ career growth as their coach and advocate.
- Foster team health to create a high-trust and high-performance environment.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Airbnb’s engineering management team.
- 4+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- 8+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Background in Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with A/B testing / controlled experiments, and data/metric-driven product development.
- Proven technical leadership on developing high scalable ML systems in production
- Passion for working with data at scale and empowering organizations through data
- Exceptional architecture abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale application
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company-sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more…
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1