It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join their top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world’s most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
Stanley Black and Decker (SBD) is committed to deep and ongoing investment in Data & Analytics capability. In support of that, Stanley Black & Decker is currently building a Web Development team that will leverage a cloud-based compute environment to deliver beautiful and scalable web applications to be consumed by their business partners.
SBD is seeking a Senior Web Developer who will be responsible for providing strategic leadership for UI/UX within the Data & Analytics organization as well as the development of web applications. As the founding leader of the web development team, the candidate will act as the team lead for highly complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of the Data & Analytics organization.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Full-Stack Web Developer, you’ll be part of their Data & Analytics Team located remotely.
You’ll get to:
- Set division-wide standards for web development technologies and methodologies
- Be responsible for the overall look and feel (UI/UX) of all customer-facing applications in accordance with standards jointly set by the web development team and business partners
- Build, test and deploy scalable web applications
- Motivate team members, probes into technical details, and mentors others to do the same
- Work directly with the analytics team as well as business partners to propose and develop solutions that appropriately balance speed and long-term maintainability
- Learn & stay current as it relates to frontend frameworks and methodologies
- Prior management experience is required
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job…but wouldn’t it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality – at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You’re not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it.
You also have:
- A degree or higher-level academic background in a scientific or engineering subject and 5-years of relevant experience. Consideration will also be given to individuals with 7+ years of experience in developing frontends, web applications with a proven track record of leadership
- Strong practical knowledge of designing user interfaces and taking into account user experience (UI/UX)
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as React, Angular, jQuery, Vue
- Proficiency in backend programming in Python (Django/Flask)
- Adherence to agile development methodologies, including CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Proficiency in designing/consuming RESTful services (JSON)
- Fluency in consuming data from SQL databases and/or analytics platforms
- Familiarity with Cloud-based infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- Natural curiosity and a strong passion for learning new techniques, tools, and problem-solving
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Depth in relevant field(s) for web development, including:
- User interface design
- Frontend frameworks
- Backend development
- Agile development methodologies
- Problem Solving Mindset
- Clear Communication
- Technical Fluency
What You’ll Receive
You’ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
How You’ll Feel
They want their company to be a place you’ll want to be – and stay. Being part of their team means you’ll get to:
- Grow: Be part of their global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including their Lean Academy, Coursera®, and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where they have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help them continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back, and sustainable business practices.
What’s more, you’ll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors, and everyday heroes all over the world. They’re more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. They’re visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as they’ve been in the past, they have so much further to go. That’s where you come in. Join them!
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1