Location: San Francisco, CA
Hired is a marketplace that matches tech talent with the world’s most innovative companies. Hired combines intelligent job matching with unbiased career counseling to help people find a job they love. Through Hired, job candidates and companies have transparency into salary offers, competing for opportunities and job details. This level of insight is unmatched, making the recruiting process quicker and more efficient than ever before. Hired was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in the United States, Canada, France, and the UK. The company is backed by Lumia Capital, Sierra Ventures, and other leading investors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Hired is built with Ruby on Rails, with various sets of custom and out-of-the-box tooling to support the business side of our operations. Our services are deployed to Heroku and AWS. Our development philosophy celebrates test-driven development, continuous integration and deployment, and agile processes such as sprint planning, iterative development, and retrospectives. This role will be based out of our San Francisco office.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work on various projects critical to Hired’s continued growth and success. Our engineers are versatile and self-motivated, can work in a self-directed manner or in a collaborative setting as needed, and display leadership qualities. We value a diversity of perspectives and encourage healthy discussion and debate, but unite behind our decisions.
The Acquisition team is responsible for bringing new employers and candidates onto the Hired.com recruiting platform. We use a combination of A|B testing, user experience optimizations, & creative content to improve funnel conversion across a wide variety of B2B and B2C channels. Our goal is to help people find jobs that they’ll love, and companies find great new hires.
At Hired, engineers provide input on everything they ship and are dedicated to building a great experience – one we would want for ourselves, as many of us were once on the platform as candidates. We track every feature we release to ensure we’re making a measurable impact on candidate or employer conversion and satisfaction.
We are a cross-functional team including engineers, product management, and design, and collaborate often with marketing and sales. We work closely and are serious about the work… but we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 3+ years experience full-stack development building real-world web applications
- Extensive experience with unit and integration tests, using technologies such as Rspec and Capybara
- Experience using various database systems, both in production and warehousing capacities, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Redshift
- Exemplary communication skills; able to map problem-solution space and explain possible solutions to non-technical team members
- Experience designing and architecting systems and applications
- Experience with event-driven/message-driven architectures
- Passion for learning new technologies fast
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
THESE WOULD ALSO BE NICE
- Experience on a growth, acquisition or marketing/sales support team. (B2C or B2B is fine – our team supports both!)
- Experience in startups or pre-IPO companies.
- Experience with one or more of the following: A/B testing, referral programs, SEO, paid marketing tech, in-product conversion rate optimization, user analytics, email marketing.
- Read the above list and got excited about other ideas we should consider exploring.
- Experience in a high cadence environment, tempered by a belief in consistent process, code quality and sane work hours.
- Comfortable writing “just enough” code for prototypes and experiments, and comfortable deleting that code when experiments fail.
- Empathy for our candidates and employers. and a desire to learn more about them.
- A data-driven approach to problem-solving.
COMP, BENEFITS, & PERKS
- Competitive compensation & equity options
- Open vacation & sick time
- Flexible work hours
- Employer paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Gym reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Weekly educational classes & catered lunch
- Computer Software
- Staffing & Recruiting
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1