What They’re Looking For
They are seeking a talented, highly motivated, and versatile software engineer who enjoys touching every layer of the application stack from the backend, middleware to the front end. You are an engineering professional who puts users first, highly communicative, thrives in diverse and cross-functional teams, and possesses a curiosity beyond your own domain of expertise. You will also have opportunities to work on software engineering and machine learning solutions to make significant improvements to the quality, coverage, and accessibility of their entire data ecosystem in a variety of ways. As a member of this team, you would be at the center of product innovation and solutions that spans a broad spectrum of the business.
You’re a good fit for this role if your strengths include
- The courage and professional maturity to have a principled, evidence-based discussion of multiple approaches to a single challenge.
- A product mindset, in which engineering costs are measured against the benefits to their partners.
- Balancing the benefits of building new solutions versus adding challenging and complex features to existing solutions.
- At times, you will partner with virtually every team at Netflix to evangelize best practices, provide innovative solutions, and develop new capabilities for our customers that are efficient, scalable, and highly available.
- You will be expected to develop and contribute to the development of automation and tooling for a variety of business needs to improve quality, enhance accessibility, and enable efficiency of data processing throughout Netflix.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of projects independently, including but not limited to, gathering requirements, communicating design decisions to cross-functional teams—which includes data science, product management, engineering, analytics, and operations—and proactively seek and incorporate user feedback.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- BS and 8+ years of relevant work experience, MS and 7+ years of relevant work experience, or Ph.D. and 4+ years of relevant work experience
- 4+ years of experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
- Experience in the big data technologies (Spark, Flink, Map/Reduce, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Presto, Airflow, Luigi, Kafka, Avro, Parquet, etc.)
- Practical experience with Python, Go, Java, and/or Scala programming and comfortable working in a variety of tech stacks.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to write, analyze, and debug SQL; NoSQL knowledge a plus
- Experience with big data design, ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Load), architecting efficient software designs for distributed systems and big data environments
- Experience building data infrastructure, frameworks, and automation is a plus
- Ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of technical and functional designs for databases, reporting, and data mining areas, as well as experience developing machine learning and data-driven decision systems, is a huge plus
Two more things to know
- Netflix offers the opportunity to work with amazing colleagues, constantly evolving technology, fascinating analytical and technical challenges, and a culture that is unique and incredibly important so it’s worth learning more about it at https //jobs.netflix.com/culture.
- They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1