Direct recruiters from this company will be at the Accelerate AI Career Expo.
Register for free: http://bit.ly/2MGFntn
Submit Resume To: https://share.hsforms.com/1XnFwfJRKR6Gs71Qp_oiUsQ13zdw
Course Hero is scaling! They are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer who can hit the ground running and work on a lot of fun (and challenging) projects that range from recommending relevant content to their users to extracting question and answer pairs from documents. You’ll be a part of the Applied Machine Learning team in the Artificial Intelligence Group at Course hero and will ship products that are used by millions of users. The key charter for the AI Group is to build the semantic knowledge graph at Course Hero in order to help personalize bespoke learning experiences for students and help educators create unique course content.
As a senior engineer on the Applied Machine Learning team, you’ll be expected to take the lead on multiple projects and be involved in every step of the process. They expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs.
Check out this blog post by our Director of Applied Machine Learning to see what Edtech problems this team is tackling today!
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll ideate, prototype, develop and deploy machine learning models for various product features.
- You’ll help build scalable platforms for training and evaluating machine learning models.
- You’ll lead development on applications of Natural Language Processing for identifying question and answer pairs, disambiguating between topics, and building personalized learning solutions.
- You’ll collaborate with other machine learning engineers, analytics, and other product teams to understand business needs, find the right solution to a problem and ship products.
- You’ll help engineers from other teams to understand and learn about machine learning and help Course Hero be a data driven company.
Are you their Star Machine Learning Engineer?
- 5+ years of relevant Machine Learning or Data Science work experience, preferably with a focus on Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Information Retrieval (IR).
- Experience working with distributed data processing systems like Spark/Hadoop.
- Solid programming skills and are proficient in python, java, scala or an equivalent language.
- Worked on (and deployed) multiple machine learning models in the past and can design and architect machine learning pipeline and scoring systems.
- Excellent understanding of a variety of machine learning algorithms (both supervised and unsupervised) with a special focus on text mining techniques.
- Passionate about data science and machine learning and are constantly learning as the field evolves.
- Extremely passionate about education.
- Advanced (Masters or above) degree in a quantitative field like Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, or Math.
- Experience with search technologies like Solr, ElasticSearch, etc.
- You have experience with building data pipelines for Machine learning systems (both real time and batch).
- You have experience building recommendation systems.
At Course Hero, they have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. They are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and they love to learn. Their bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
They are not the only ones that think they’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of their recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about them to see what it is like to work with their team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall – Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of their office
- 16 weeks of paid leave for maternity or paternity
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on their LinkedIn Career Page
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1