You’ll be working with a multidisciplinary team of smart people including data scientists, developers, and product managers. You’ll have an amazing amount of data as raw material for your projects, including over 780 million collected reviews and opinions, 5 terabytes of log data per day, and 300,000 photos and videos per day. You will be testing your hypotheses and product online on their 455M monthly unique visitors. You must be comfortable communicating your approaches to project managers across the company.
- Ph.D. (preferred) or Masters in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, Operations Research or similar field OR 5 years of industry experience in the same.
- Excellent communications skills
- A passion for solving real-world problems with machine learning
- Experience working with natural language, machine vision, collaborative filtering, clustering, classification, regression, information retrieval, and/or statistical modeling.
- Fluency with statistical / ML tools such as R, Python scikit-learn, Keras, or Tensorflow
- Knowledge and experience of SQL and relational databases
- Desired knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, Redshift, Spark or other big data tools
- Proficiency in a low-level general-purpose programming language, including but not limited to Java or C++
Tripadvisor, the world’s largest travel site, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With over 702 million reviews and opinions covering the world’s largest selection of travel listings worldwide – covering approximately 7.7 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, and restaurants — Tripadvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. Tripadvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travelers can find the lowest price on the hotel that’s right for them. Tripadvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets and are home to the world’s largest travel community of 490 million average monthly unique visitors, all looking to get the most out of every trip. Tripadvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Some Great Benefits/perks
- Free shuttle service to the HQ
- On-site training and classes
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks every day
- Pub and game room onsite with 7 beer taps & wine.
- Free health coverage for singles
- Generous vacation time & Summer Fridays
- Excellent tuition reimbursement
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1