This is a post on behalf of the AIPlus hiring partner.
Apply with Job ID # 100048
Our hiring partner is looking for individuals who are motivated by complex and challenging work. They want to work with people who share compelling solutions to those challenges, solutions informed by their unique experiences, passions, and expertise.
The company is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join their global engineering team in New Yor City. They need a person who can work hands-on as an engineer, solving complex problems, and building advanced software systems. They face daily challenges that are both unique and engaging while processing data at the petabyte scale. That is over one trillion data points in any given 60-day period — with consumer privacy and data security at the heart of everything they do.
The size and scale of their challenges demand the use of cutting-edge, open-source technologies, like Apache Spark, Apache Beam, and Kubernetes. They’re proud to have been built on Scala from day one.
You would be working with multiple engineering domains, and with their commercial teams, to guarantee that they are delivering the best products. They believe that their engineers have an obligation to dissent and discuss. A successful engineer understands that their ideas hold weight, and they contribute freely and regularly. They want someone who is motivated to find large-scale solutions with them. They work with big data on small teams. Every contribution is important.
When you work with them, you matter. They ask their employees to make an impact and feel it is only right to give a lot in return. The company offers every employee a 401k with matching, generous parental leave, and unlimited PTO (and they mean it!). They believe if you’re sick, feel like you’re getting sick, or just need a personal day, you should take that time to get better. They have free virtual lunches every month, free continuous education, and an open-door policy every day. They make sure their virtual office is a welcoming space, full of individuals who can teach and learn from one another every day.
Technologies they use (don’t worry, they’ll teach you):
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google Dataflow/Beam, SQL, BigQuery
- Scala, sbt, cats, http4s, fs2
- Spark ML, TensorFlow, Kubeflow, Python, PyTorch
- Airflow, Prometheus, Kubernetes
They are looking for candidates who meet some of the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience making significant contributions in the form of code
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures and knowing when to apply them
- Deep familiarity with one or more programming languages (Ex: Scala, Java, Python, etc.)
- Interest in machine learning techniques to develop better predictive and clustering models
- Experience working with high-scale systems
- Proficiency in SQL
- Interest in creating powerful machine learning tools that facilitate experimentation and productionalization at scale
- Interest in data engineering and warehousing to develop ingestion engines, ETL pipelines, and organizing data to expose it in a consumable format
- Passionate about helping mentor your teammates grow by providing insightful code reviews and feedback
- Lead technical projects. Taken responsibility for the planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Experience with building systems for model training and serving using TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Spark ML, or Kubeflow
- Working with productionalization of Machine Learning Research, and ML project lifecycle management
- Understanding and genuine interest in AI and machine learning methods and algorithms, e.g., gradient-based optimization and neural networks
- Experience with functional programming
- Strong understanding of concurrent and parallel programming
A day in the life of their Engineer:
- Solve complex problems building advanced software systems, while processing several petabytes of data
- Adapt quickly to utilize software engineering best practices
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver quality software collaboratively
- Designing, implementing, and running big data pipelines that canvas over petabytes of data
- Contributing to real production projects that constitute the company’s core offering
- Collaborate with your team of engineers, and add to product, account, and business development functions to create new products and features
- Learn functional programming
- Ensure that the software you create is testable and tested
- Serve as a senior member of the team by contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of the company’s systems
- Lead and drive technical projects. Take responsibility for the planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Generous PTO – no accruing necessary
- 401k matching, Life, LTD & STD Insurance, dental, vision, and telehealth plan with 24/7 access to a dedicated team of physical and mental healthcare providers
- On-site medical and dental partitioners (they bring the doctors in-house so you can make appointments at your convenience)
- Scala School (they’ll teach you!), Coursera, LinkedIn learning, peer-lead professional development, and an abundance of resources to help you stay sharp
- Unlimited snacks and beverages, collaboration catered lunches (virtual lunches until they’re back in the office)
- Discounts on gym memberships 😉
- Foosball, ping pong, diversity and inclusion group, book club, Tough Mudder, push-up challenges, and tons of other extra-curricular activities that will make you feel like part of their family (virtual game nights and happy hours until they’re back in the office)
About the company:
Founded in 2010, they cracked the code on cross-device marketing technology. Their groundbreaking, proprietary technology assimilates trillions of data points to find the relationship between smartphones, desktops, laptops, tablets, and connected TVs. Ten years later, they are processing data at petabyte scale, with an engineering team that comprises roughly half of their entire organization. When you work with them, you matter, and your work matters.
They use Scala, in combination with large-scale data processing and open-source technologies, to build their device graph. Across their engineering teams, they also use Scala, GCP, Spark, Kubernetes, Python, TypeScript, Angular, and anything else that helps them get the job done. They’re open-minded about new technologies, they’re passionate about what they do, and they make time for everyone to learn and grow as the industry changes. Engineers at their company are approachable and ambitious people who think outside the box and solve big problems collaboratively. Are you up for the challenge?
They are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply with Job ID # 100048
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1