About the Department
The AI and Analytics Team is part of Novo Nordisk’s Data Science division, where we apply sophisticated algorithms and machine learning techniques to some of the hardest problems in the discovery and development of new healthcare solutions. By leveraging a blend of scientific, problem-solving, and quantitative skills, we provide superior data insights that empower Novo Nordisk to further develop and deliver life-changing treatments. We work in multidisciplinary teams with strong collaboration across all areas of the organization and engage in external collaborations to ensure access to cutting edge research and technology, helping each other grow, driven by the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives.
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk, we don’t wait for change. We drive it. We’re a dynamic company in an even more dynamic industry, and we know that what got us to where we are today is not necessarily what will make us successful in the future. We embrace the spirit of experimentation, striving for excellence without fixating on perfection. We never shy away from opportunities to develop, we seize them. From research and development to manufacturing, marketing, and sales – we’re all working to move the needle on patient care.
Are you enthusiastic about driving the design of next generation healthcare solutions that will change the life of patients with diabetes and other serious chronic diseases? Do you want to be on the cutting edge of science to discover novel therapies and delivery technologies that patients both need and want?
Our dynamic team of scientists and engineers not only discover new therapies and technologies, but also lead an aspirational charge to pioneer scientific breakthroughs that have the potential to prevent and ultimately cure chronic disease.
Apply today and join us for a life-changing career.
As our new Machine Learning (ML) engineer, you will contribute to designing, implementing, and deploying analytics products based on latest advances in ML, to create novel, world-leading solutions with broad applications within healthcare technology.
As a senior individual contributor, you will provide technical leadership and mentoring to team members and involve in supporting their career growth.
***Please note we are open to hiring at Lead title commensurate with experience***
Your Tasks Will Include the Following
- Collaborate with data scientists from a wide variety of healthcare domains, to build advanced analytics solutions based on latest advances in ML.
- Conduct large-scale ML experiments, applying the latest advances in deep learning on heterogeneous data sources.
- Transform and grow data science prototypes into scalable, reliable, secure, and maintainable, ML-enabled software products based on distributed architectures.
- Build and maintain ML workflows and pipelines to manage the entire lifecycle of ML-enabled products, from inception and experimentation to serving, monitoring, and continuously improving ML solutions.
You will work and collaborate in cross-functional teams with IT, data engineers, and data scientists in application areas ranging from real-world data and omics to computer vision and natural language processing. The workplace is Denmark (Søborg), but flexible or remote work arrangements can be discussed.
The Senior Engineer I reports to the Director of AI tech Ops.
0-10% overnight travel required.
- Master’s degree, or PhD is highly preferred. Degree within computer science, mathematics, engineering, physics, statistics, or a related quantitative discipline are preferred.
- Master’s degree with 3+ years’ relevant experience, or PhD with 0 years of experience can be considered; Additionally, we will consider candidates with High School Diploma and a minimum of 8+ years relevant experience OR A Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years’ relevant experience
- Relevant experience includes:
- Diverse ML modelling techniques over large-scale, imperfect, heterogeneous data sources, particularly applying deep learning. TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn.
- MLOps platforms, with an emphasis on open source, e.g. Kubeflow, MLflow
- Cloud & software engineering: microservices, Kubernetes, GPU & high-performance computing. Versioning (git), CI/CD, DevSecOps, observability, agile development.
- Data storage, workflows, and orchestration: RDBMS, NoSQL, graph databases, data warehouse, data lake. Airflow, Kubeflow Pipelines.
- Thought leadership within the field of ML engineering and technical leadership of more junior team members in technical teams.
- Preferred experience includes subject matter preferred experience:
- Hands-on experience with AWS, e.g. EC2, ECR, Lambda, SageMaker
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong documentation skills
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1