This is a post on behalf of the AIPlus hiring partner.
Apply with Job ID # 100040
Our partner is a leading mobile app of news aggregation services. It analyzes millions of articles to deliver the most engaging information with high quality in near-real-time fashion to millions of users around the world. Their AI Foundation team is responsible to research and develop world-class AI algorithms that can be applied at a large scale to accomplish their mission. It works on a range of content understanding, user modeling, and recommendation problems, which include natural language processing tasks of classification, entity recognition, summarization, computer vision tasks of image/video classification, recommendation tasks of retrieving and ranking for relevance, etc. The team provides important content/user signals and state-of-art recommendation models to the News Ranking/Ads Ranking team to deliver the world’s high-quality information to the people who need it.
- Set technical and research directions for AI Foundation or and cross-team machine learning projects and able to lead its implementation
- The ability to solve important issues of AI Foundation team from fundamental algorithm development, implementation, and optimization to deliver product metrics
- Lead cross-team projects to improve features/models that benefit company OKR
- Identify new directions for the team to be industry-leading in areas of personalized discovery and content understanding
- In this position, you are expected to utilize your industry-leading expertise in one or more of the following R&D areas to provide cutting edge solutions or core technologies for SmartNews recommendation systems (Ads, News, etc).
- General Machine Learning, Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing (entity recognition, categorization, text embedding, etc)
- Computer Vision (object recognition, multimodal content classification, etc)
- Knowledge Graph
- Recommendation and ranking algorithms
- Be a great mentor to other machine learning scientists
- 2+ years of experience in designing and implementing state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms, and applying them to real-world problems
- Industry-leading expertise in a certain domain of machine learning techniques, especially in deep learning, natural language processing, recommendation systems, computer visions
- Track record of successfully deliver an improvement of features/models to production systems with high impact by working across teams and organizations
- Influential publications at top industry conferences/journals, well recognized in the industry for the domain of expertise
- Strong mentors of senior machine learning scientists and able to grow them to the next level
- Good written and spoken communication skills can work across functional teams
- Strong coding skills in multiple programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, Python, Scala)
- Strong interest in news media and our mission
- Strong domain expertise in recommendation algorithms
- M.S or Ph.D. in computer science, mathematics, physics, or other quantitative fields
- Equity included
- 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage (60% coverage for dependents)
- Monthly housing, commute, mobile phone, and gym allowances
- 401k matching program
- Free lunch, snacks, drinks, etc.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1