They are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Scientist to join their core machine learning team. You will play a key role in helping ASOS provide the best shopping experience for millions of customers. You will gain broad exposure to ASOS, requiring close collaboration with other data and tech divisions within the company. You will be part of a highly innovative AI platform, working alongside engineers and fellow scientists to solve interesting and challenging problems, and to put models into production leveraging cutting-edge technology. You will have access to photos, videos and text descriptions of millions of products, with hundreds of new ones being added every day.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and experience tackling tough problems with large datasets and unstructured data. A highly intelligent self-starter, able to work independently with strong attention to detail.
What You’ll Be Doing…
- Research, experiment with and exploit new machine learning methodologies to improve current data products and influence the team roadmap.
- Mentor other Machine Learning Scientist and Software/Data Engineers to implement data/machine learning pipelines and statistical analyses.
- Act as lead on cross-team projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Turn our ever-growing catalog into actionable data about each product.
- Drive the implementation and scale-up of foundational capabilities that enable building bespoke data/machine learning products.
- Create prototypes for new/improved customer experience features and turn machine-learning outputs into operational data products.
- Help setting up and conducting large-scale experiments to test hypotheses, measure value, and drive product development.
We’d love to meet someone with…
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or a similarly quantitative discipline and a Ph.D. in a quantitative field, ideally Machine Learning.
- Industrial experience and a track record of publications in machine learning/deep learning, with a preference for Computer Vision and Representation Learning.
- Statistics skills (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression analyses, causal inference).
- Willingness to understand and tackle problems from first principles, with a creative and collaborative attitude, enthusiasm, and intellectual honesty.
- A scientific mindset and a focus on delivery, to drive significant impact on the customer experience and the business.
- The ability to work collaboratively and proactively in a fast-paced environment interacting with both non-technical and technical audiences.
- Experience mentoring and growing a high – performing team.
- Experience in applying machine learning methods (preferably deep learning) to complex/high-dimensional /unstructured data (e.g., images, text, videos ).
- Solid Python coding skills and working knowledge of software development tools in a production environment with cloud deployment (e.g., versioning, testing, integration, infrastructure provisioning, etc. ).
- Experience with the Python data science stack and preferably deep learning libraries/frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch ).
- A hacker ‘ s mentality, comfortable using open source technologies.
- Interest in keeping up with the state-of-the-art by attending and submitting papers to relevant conferences.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1