What You’ll Do
You are focusing on the heavy software engineering required for building large-scale Machine Learning applications. This includes ML platform engineering, where you are building ML platform products for your customers. More specifically, you are doing the following kind of Machine Learning and Software Engineering work:
- In the role, you are employing a basic understanding of one or more of Information Retrieval, Recommendation Systems, Social Network Analysis, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Reinforcement Learning.
- You regularly verify the performance & correctness of the implementations of ML techniques. You are able to triage and fix bugs/issues when they arise.
- You will design & implement ML platforms/libraries/services to enable customers with applying ML.
Who You Are
They’re looking for a Machine Learning Software Engineer with a strong background in Software Engineering and familiar with Machine Learning techniques.
- You have an understanding of the Machine Learning domain to the extent that you are often implementing standard algorithms/techniques.
- You consider the pros/cons of different techniques/implementations in terms of system performance vs. model quality.
- You regularly architect systems taking care of a large amount of data, scale, and low latency. You employ advanced SWE skills in terms of system architecture & design, distributed systems, coding, OO/API, testing.
BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science with 5+ years experience or equivalent experience.
They are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.