- The focus of RBWM Data & Analytics has historically been to provide insights to inform proposition, product and pricing decisions, as well as provide personalized recommendations based on customer needs. Latterly, the focus has been on using data to provide insight to Customers on their own finances, help them plan, tailor journeys and simplify product qualification.
- They are now focusing on 6 key technologies to enhance the customer experience through simplified data capture, value-added services, easier journeys and pre-qualification – computer vision, natural language processing, text interrogation, location services, intelligent automation, and predictive algorithms. Much of the Customer experience, response times as well as the cost base of the Bank is manifested in operational and control processes. These processes are similarly amenable to enhancement and automation through the 6 technologies mentioned. As such, if they wish to meet evolving Customer functional and service expectations and operate with viable income: cost dynamics, they must apply these technologies to operations and controls. They can also use predictive algorithms to make targeted interventions to avoid manual processes at source and help Customers to choose digital alternatives.
- The role holder will be responsible for building commercial applications across the whole lifetime customer cycle by using cutting edge machine learning, data enablement and examine techniques, delivering global use cases for customer intelligence and analytics. The role holder will build data & machine learning services to promote engagement and enable Customers to make decisions that enhance their financial well-being. That includes applications/models from segmentation, acquisition, relationship deepening and winning back customers they lost to competition. Required data & ML services will enhance the effectiveness of personalized Customer contact plan. You will be involved in the discovery phase and be expected to develop full global services.
- Customer-centric mobile smart banking is a vision being built by D3 and delivered in RBWM markets. The role holder will need to form effective partnerships with these areas to identify, agree and execute opportunities. A clear sense of effort vs benefit will be needed in prioritizing opportunities. It will be necessary to build solutions that can be developed once and readily deployed across multiple business units.
- Successful execution of this role will result in more digital interactions; simpler, faster Customer journeys; lower operational cost, lower marketing cost, increase customer lifetime value and average customer spend for HSBC.
- Articulate Development & Integration roadmap for the development and delivery of an appropriate data platform to host these new commercial products in order to make them available across HSBC business and market landscape.
- Define & Set up minimum viable data products for the objective from conception to rollouts. Own the product lifecycle and the “requirements” for the products; ensuring the products have a delivery plan and engage relevant team members to deliver the data product.
- Work with market leads to define clear use cases and measure efficiency gains delivered through the product.
- Ensure processes are documented for the capabilities and shared through best practice guides, video, and other media
- Proactively promote the capabilities & drive adoption across the D3 stakeholders
- Partner with local market stakeholders to build and deliver data products across to the whole lifetime customer cycle (acquisition, upsell, cross-sell, churn reduction by using cutting-edge machine learning and examine techniques.
- Build a team of senior data scientists and data engineers including solution or enterprise architect.
- Given the criticality of impact on customer-facing experience, develop appropriate risk mitigation testing guidelines & framework for each product pre-production implementation.
Impact on Business
- The role will drive a transformational impact on their customer interactions
- Accelerating Growth. Increase Revenue per customer by creating products that improve customer service experience
- Customer Retention
- Enhanced customer service experience
- Enhanced Productivity
- Enhanced Data Quality
Customers / Stakeholders
- Build strong relationships, adopting a joined-up approach to execute at pace with minimum conflict.
- Stakeholders include, but not limited to the following:
- Global Operations, Service delivery & Controls team
- Global Digital team including Cross-Functional Team Leads for DaaC, Sales & Origination, Banking & Servicing, VADM and Wealth
- Market leadership teams in priority markets
- Global Retail Products team
- Wealth Management product/proposition teams
- Customer Propositions team
- Finance, Risk, Compliance, IT Security
- HDS/HOST leadership
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead data product teams (Country & GAC Data & Analytics teams), guide product design and development, articulate tangible deliverables, monitor progress and ensure on-time delivery
- Build a network of business and functional contacts to enable right use case development & prioritization to be identified and scoped
- Form collaborative relationships with all product beneficiary stakeholder to ensure successful delivery
- Ensure all product activities yield measurable benefits via tracking
- Able to manage multiple applications to a tight budget and time frames
- Provide the judgment and expertise across all aspects of the area of responsibility
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure Data Proposition goals are identified, communicated, documented, agreed and delivered in the most cost-effective manner possible through to the completion of the successful pilot deployment develop and mature HSBC’s cross-functional and highly empowered way of working
- Promote the development and use of consistent methodologies & product standards and development templates with a view to enhancing data analytics productivity, integration and delivery quality
- Operate in compliance with Local Regulatory requirements for country projects
- Operate in compliance with HSBC Global Standards and FIM guidance relevant to product scope
- Pay particular attention to Information Security requirements relating to the data & analytics process used for product development.
- Working under pressure, flexibility to redesign products/solutions in the face of ongoing change and iterative development, coordination of a diverse suite of stakeholders, optimization of resources against complex technical deployments.
- The job holder will be working with multiple teams, across multiple geographies and will need to display careful and close stakeholder management
- HSBC has evolved over 150 years and its adoption of Digital channels is vital to the overall development of the business. Achieving a leading position in this aspect of Financial Services will require the development of new capabilities and competencies with which the Support and Management of the bank, and the current culture, is continuously evolving.
- Ensuring that all HSBC RBWM services, and in particular the Intelligence Hub, offers outstanding Digital customer experience and fully deliver on the brand promise and a coherent Digital Strategy.
- Provide market-leading, compelling analytical/data products that can leverage the global scale and distribution network. With increased connections between businesses around the world, the aim is to take HSBC from a collection of locally orientated digital experiences to one global set across RBWM.
- The journey to create sustainable cost savings and operational efficiencies is being motivated by standardizing systems, processes, and products on a global scale. To create savings they need to drive out waste and duplication, streamline processes and take out paper where they can.
- The role holder is directly responsible for;
- Sales/revenue contribution from delivery of projects supporting global capabilities
- Product delivery to ensure complete and effective implementation of products
- Work with multiple business units throughout HSBC Group, covering all RBWM operations
- Enhanced data quality and governance (Oversight)
Management of Risk
- Demonstrate leadership in Regulatory & Compliance matters. Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section B.1.2 of the Group Operations FIM.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators. Foster a compliance culture and implement Group Compliance Policy by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Regional Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided, and optimizing relations with regulators
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Knowledge and Experience
- 10+ years of data / analytic experience in the development, delivery, and analysis of data. Experience operating in digital environments preferred
- Good understanding of AI/ML techniques and toolings & applications.
- Data implementation experience in similar environments.
- Proven experience and background developing risk and control frameworks to effectively manage and mitigate risks associated with data
- Proven record of effective leadership, including the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; building teams and consensus; getting things done through others not directly under his/her supervision, and working ethically.
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrated strategic and critical thinking capacity
- Proven experience supporting large business initiatives, as well as leading data delivery teams working in complex matrixes environments
- Excellent strategic, examine and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on multiple, complex products and initiatives simultaneously
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in statistical sciences or related technical fields such as Engineering, Mathematics, etc.
- Good people and leadership skills. Ability to motivate people to achieve objectives.
- Ability to navigate the political dynamics inherent in a large organization.
- Ability to work with and persuade others through influence and negotiation.
- Skills and Abilities
- Highly numerate and financially literate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of personal commitment to task delivery, leading through personal example
- Must have the potential for further development personally and professionally
- Excellent relationship building and senior stakeholder management skills
- Able to operate effectively in a complex matrix motivated environment
- Able to influence, engage and lead in a positive, inspiring manner
As a business operating in markets all around the world, they believe diversity brings benefits for their customers, their business and people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief, and sexual orientation.
They want everyone to be able to fulfill their potential which is why they provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1