At DSS, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business and critical to its operations and growth. Data Instrumentation works closely with data stakeholders, front-end technology teams, data engineering, and back-end services for consistent collection and usage of business-critical KPIs and data points.
- Manage a team of analysts responsible for data integrity and data quality assurance for critical data sources.
- Understanding business requirements and translating them into actionable specifications while owning end-to-end data lifecycle including how data should be tracked and measured for analysis, reporting, and data quality assurance.
- Perform cross-system data investigations and analysis to discover data inconsistencies, outlining the path to remediation for development teams.
- Understand the systems and business processes that populate critical systems with data.
- Work with stakeholders to outline and define data definitions and apply appropriate usage.
- Work to support engineering teams tasked with the ingestion of critical datasets as a subject matter expert.
- Serve as a thought leader in terms of what needs to be managed and improved to better serve their customers.
- Perform data quality audits, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements, and help implement fixes.
- Create and manage key data quality health KPIs through regular metric monitoring and revise as needed as the number of datasets and critical systems expand.
- Work as a lead data steward hand-in-hand with the managers of the operating systems to convey the data quality needs.
- 6+ years of experience in the data-driven analysis as a data analyst, scientist, or similar role
- Including 3+ years of experience managing a team and 2+ years of Python, Spark and SQL is required
- Strong sense of ownership over deliverables, as this role will have end-to-end responsibilities for certain data products
- Strong experience in deploying business-critical code into production
- High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills – written, visual, and verbal presentations
- Strong analytical skills to troubleshoot complex issues, analyze the cause, quickly come up with the possible solution(s), document the changes, and communicate the change across the organization
- Minimum two years of experience in the technology industry, knowledge of marketing platforms and datasets a plus.
- BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
About Disney Streaming Services
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Their core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. They serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. They strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products, and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters, and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, their employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment they call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help them grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1