If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join Nike Global Technology organization. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver premium and engaging consumer experiences. Nike is on a mission to make sport a daily habit. Nike Global Technology is responsible for creating, developing and deploying platforms, services and best in class digital consumer experiences that brings inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. If you have a body, you are an athlete. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job.
Scope and Responsibilities:
As the Senior Manager, Search and Data Aggregation for the Content Discovery team, we are looking for a talented and experienced senior engineering leader to manage and grow an engineering organization foundational to Nike’s Digital Transformation. The role would require the person to oversee teams that are building services to aggregate content and product data across domains in service to the consumer experiences and teams that own, builds, and operates the Search Platform & services that power E-Commerce and Content Search across Nike Digital Ecosystem.
- You have a track record of leading distributed systems engineering teams in software companies.
- You have demonstrated expertise in building and running search, information storage and retrieval systems at scale in public cloud infrastructure. Specific expertise in Elasticsearch, Solr or other Lucene-based search system is highly desired. Experience in Kafka, Spark and S3 is also a plus.
- You are passionate about engineering hygiene, operational excellence and DevOps Maturity
- You have demonstrated that you can develop excellent engineering teams with clear mission and goals
- You are familiar with agile processes, continuous integration, and test automation
- You thrive when operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24×7 services to defined SLA’s.
- You are able to navigate different stakeholder perspectives, create a plan and can effectively communicate how they will be impacted by the services you build to drive towards successful outcomes
- You have the passion, motivation and drive to take company strategies, priorities and vision, break it down into goals and outcomes for your teams to excite and motivate them for sustained period of time
- Lead and grow a team of passionate of engineers in Nike World Headquarters.
- Support, Coach and guide the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability
- Help employees grow through career development, coaching, and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential.
- Work with the larger Nike Global Technology organization to provide clear path for progression through personal development plans, clear goals, perform periodic performance evaluations and guide employees to their objectives
- Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers. Enhance and maintain a rotating on-call incident escalation and response process.
- Share your teams Product, Engineering and team metrics to Nike’s Senior technology and business executives periodically
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects, and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities
- Act as an ambassador for Nike, recruiting and motivating top talent, find opportunities to grow engineering community presence and represent Nike Technology initiatives at relevant conferences and meet ups
Nike Global Technology’s Search and Data aggregation platform supports services that are Core to building premium Digital Consumer experiences at scale. These include Nike.com, SNKRs App, Nike App, NTC, NRC and Mini App on WeChat Platform. Every product information that helps athletes* achieve their full potential and content that drives inspiration will need to be indexed and served through these platforms. In this role you would own and be accountable for how we scale and manage search along with associated storage. You would also provide guidance around developing aggregation service that is responsible for pulling in data from multiple data sources, perform business logic and deliver payloads to various internal and external customers. Your team’s services takes into account all of various regulatory requirements for each country, as well as compliance initiatives, including GDPR.
As we scale our services globally, you would be required to help the teams deploy services across multiple geographical regions, manage stakeholder requests from multiple geographies and work with product owners across various experiences. As Nike obsesses on consumer journeys, your role would be critical towards developing a platform that is able to make intelligent choices so that we can build personalized consumer experiences.
- 10 years software development experience
- 4 or more years in a management role
- Excellent skills in team leadership and building positive stakeholder relationships
- Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure, etc.)
- Experience in NoSQL data stores, such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, or similar technologies.
- Prior experience in designing and implementing highly scalable web applications
- Diverse and deep experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using languages such as Java, Node, or Scala
- Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, goal oriented environment
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
- Sporting Goods
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1