Are you ready to advance your career at a Fortune 100 company?
Our Global Retail Market US Claims Capacity Modeling team is looking for an expert data scientist to develop a suite of models helping optimize claims operations. In this role, you will collaborate with various business partners to develop predictive analytic solutions that enable strategic decision-making. You will utilize data science techniques to manipulate large structured and unstructured data sets, identify patterns in raw data, and develop models to predict the likelihood of a future outcome and/or to optimize business solutions. You will use predictive analytics techniques, while continuing to learn how to apply techniques to business issues.
In This Role You Will
- Mine large data sets using sophisticated analytical techniques so that you can generate insights and inform business decisions.
- Identify and test hypotheses, ensuring statistical significance, and build predictive models for business application.
- Translate quantitative analyses and findings into accessible visuals for non-technical audiences, providing a clear view into interpreting the data.
- Enable the business to make clear trade-offs between and among choices by presenting a reasonable view into likely outcomes.
- Customize analytic solutions so you can cater to specific client needs.
- Be responsible for smaller components of projects of moderate-to-high complexity.
- Regularly engage with the data science community and participate in multi-functional working groups.
This position is a range posting and may be filled as a Senior or Principal Data Scientist depending on experience level.
- Ph.D. degree (in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science or other scientific field of study) and 1 year of relevant experience, OR a Master’s degree (scientific field of study) and 3 years of relevant experience
- Broad knowledge of predictive analytic techniques and statistical diagnostics of models.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using predictive toolset such as SAS, R, Python; reflects as expert resource for tool development.
- Experience working with the entire modeling lifecycle including data collection, model design, model development, model validation, model implementation, and model performance tracking after the implementation.
- Demonstrable ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to establish and build relationships within and outside the organization.
- Ability to give effective training and presentations to peers and less senior team members.
We value your hard work, integrity and dedication to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We craft an inspired, reciprocal environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth nurtured.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to excellent places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We champion a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more creative products and services for our customers.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1