They are looking for a self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and highly goal-oriented Senior Pricing Data Scientist to join their exciting and fast-paced office in Boston, MA. You will have an outsized opportunity to impact the trajectory of and shape the culture at Chewy as it continues its explosive growth. If you want to build innovative Pricing solutions in a dynamic, cross-functional e-Commerce environment, an opportunity in Chewy’s Pricing team may be a great match!
What You’ll Do
- Leverage your Data Science experience to solve large-scale challenges in end-to-end Pricing problems.
- Own work-streams for defining and improving Pricing Strategy performance, driving value, and impacting business outcomes and customer experience.
- Effectively collaborate with business partners as a subject matter expert to develop business proposals, define strategic priorities.
- Translate difficult or ambiguous business problems within the context of cross-functional Chewy initiatives into Data Science solutions.
- Partner cross-functionally with Operations & Analytics, Engineering, and other functions to build systems and processes for accelerating development and adoption of Pricing strategies.
- Mentor junior team members, serve as a thought-partner across Data Science teams and foster a collaborative working environment by promulgating shared Data Science and development best practices.
What You’ll Need
- MS with 4+ years of practical hands-on modeling and/or engineering experience or Ph.D. in technical/scientific fields in which data and modeling are important (e.g., Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science).
- Programming languages including Python (required) or R.
- Proven track record of successfully solving loosely defined problems using Data Science.
- Rigorous attention-to-detail on data quality and accuracy, and passion for digging into the data for actionable insights.
- Keen critical thinking skills, pragmatic problem-solving mindset, and sharp judgment for balancing depth vs. pacing.
- Strong communication skills and ability to synthesize complex quantitative material with concision and precision.
- Intellectual curiosity, eagerness to collaborate in a highly interdisciplinary environment, and desire to develop innovative techniques to solve business problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Backgrounds in Economics (industrial organization, applied microeconomics, applied econometrics), Quantitative Marketing, or Finance.
- Experience in an e-Commerce or retail environment, or experience in Pricing.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1