PepsiCo operates in an environment undergoing immense and rapid change, driven by eCommerce and emergent retail technologies. To ensure continued success in the food and beverage space, PepsiCo has assembled a dedicated eCommerce team – tasked with optimizing eCommerce operations and developing innovations that will give PepsiCo a sustainable competitive advantage. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group more closely resembles a start-up environment; embracing the core values of having a bias for action, being results-oriented, maintaining a community-focus, and prioritizing people.
PepsiCo’s Data Science and Analytics group is a team of data scientists, technology specialists, and business innovators who operate within eCommerce to build industry-leading systems and solutions. By focusing on machine learning and automation, the Data Science & Analytics group is pushing the bounds of possibility for PepsiCo and its strategic partners.
What PepsiCo Data Science & Analytics Does
- Build machine learning systems to understand the cross-channel grocery ecosystem
- Perform statistical analysis across diverse datasets to drive and measure performance
- Work with PepsiCo’s strategic partners to expand their technical capabilities, thereby creating a more robust data environment
- Utilize natural language understanding techniques to uncover insights from contextual data
- Develop scalable tools to drive automation and optimize business operations
As a PepsiCo Senior Principal Data Scientist, you will be a critical leader responsible for shaping and executing the global eCommerce growth agenda. You will lead a team of Data Science professionals and Software Engineers tasked with identifying, designing, and implementing machine learning solutions across PepsiCo. You will be responsible for defining the data science roadmap across multiple organizations and ensuring the timely delivery of projects committed against that roadmap. You will work with business stakeholders and strategic partners to identify opportunities for collaborative development and foster a data-driven culture throughout PepsiCo. To this end, you will be responsible for building a world-class data science organization, capable of creating a sustainable competitive advantage for PepsiCo.
- Lead a team of Data Scientists and Software Developers in the application of modern data science and machine learning principles to address a wide range of business problems across various functional groups within PepsiCo
- Define project roadmaps and manage project flow to ensure timely delivery of impactful products
- Provide critical thought leadership to enhance organizational capabilities by utilizing big and small data; work with business leaders and strategic partners to identify and execute on opportunities for enhancement
- Act as the technical representative for PepsiCo’s eCommerce Data Science organization
- Master’s Degree in Data Science or equivalent, Ph.D. Preferred
- 10 years of relevant work experience, 6 years with a PhD
- 4+ years of software development and machine learning experience in a business environment
- Experience leading technical teams
- Expert in mathematical models underlying data science methods
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and concisely communicate with both business and technical audiences
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1