The Senior Scientist, Data Analytics Engineering, Data Science, part of the Data Platforms team, will lead and deliver vital data integration, analytics, and knowledge dissemination solutions that enable scientific capabilities across R&D. Their team supports projects from discovery through late development. Responsibilities include the implementation of novel R&D data pipelines as well as developing and deploying groundbreaking technologies that triangulate insights across different data modalities. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data and engineering analytics and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. The successful hire will be part of their dynamic, accomplished team that supports multiple R&D therapeutic areas in the discovery and development of innovative therapies.
The Senior Scientist will:
– Implement data & analytics engineering strategies for the R&D Data Science community. Partner closely with Janssen R&D IT and external partners for implementation and execution.
– Work closely with R&D data scientists to architect, build, and implement data platforms to support organizational initiatives with an emphasis on research and translational data across therapeutic areas.
– Introduce/Lead/Participate in the evaluation of novel algorithms, tools, and technologies that enable data science capabilities.
Desired Skills and Experience
– Ph.D. with 2+ years of experience (OR Master’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience) in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline is required.
– Familiarity with drug discovery and clinical development processes is required.
– A deep understanding of omics, clinical, and real-world data is required.
– Proven track record developing solutions relevant to the domain is required.
– Proficient with one or more programming languages such as Python or R is required. Proficient with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch is preferred.
– Knowledgeable in the area of semantic or property graph frameworks and/or graph analytics is preferred.
– Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills are required.
Thriving on diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of their employees, they are committed to inclusion. They are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1