The Data Science Analytics & Insights team within Janssen R&D develops innovative solutions using a variety of data sources across multiple different disease areas. They are looking for an outstanding Senior Scientist with a focus on Real-World Data.
- Conceive, develop and implement analytics solutions to high-priority scientific problems
- Participate in cross-functional collaborations with external companies and internal scientific and data science teams
- Shape internal/external collaborations and define the scope of research questions
- Extract insight from large, observational patient databases (e.g., electronic health records, claims, registry, etc.) to health outcomes and drive drug development
- Clearly articulate highly technical methods and results to diverse audiences and partners to drive decision-making
- A Ph.D. with 2 years of post-graduate industry experience (or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years experience) in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, computer science, biomedical informatics, epidemiology, artificial intelligence, applied mathematics, or similar)
- Extensive experience driving research in and delivering insights from Real-World Data
- Extensive experience querying, cleaning, and integrating data to build cohorts from RWD sources
- Experience with medical coding and disease ontologies.
- Proficiency with one or more programming language such as Python, R, SQL, C++, or Java
- Strong background in statistics, including patient-level predictive modeling, survival analysis, propensity score matching
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, including random forest, SVM, boosting, neural networks, unsupervised clustering, etc…
- Ability to effectively communicate technical work to a wide audience
- Passionate about leveraging data to drive scientific innovation
- At least 5 years of hands-on technical data analysis and modeling experience (across roles)
- Experience building external/synthetic control arms for clinical trials
- Familiarity with OMOP CDM
- Experience with deep learning methods and word embeddings
- Familiarity with and exposure to drug discovery and clinical development processes
- Experience working closely with healthcare professionals
- Experience with meaningful disease biology in cancer, immunology, neuroscience, cardiovascular, or infectious disease
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
Thriving on diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of their employees, they are committed to inclusion. They are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1