Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a division of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Janssen R&D Data Science Strategy & Innovation. The primary location for this position is Spring House, PA. Consideration will be given to other locations (e.g., Raritan, NJ; Titusville, NJ; San Francisco, CA, Boston, MA and Belgium).
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devasting and complex diseases of our time. And we purse the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We seek a creative scientific leader with expertise in applying Data Science and Biological insight in translational data from internal and external programs as well as cross sector and cross therapeutic programs to advance our pharmaceutical and/or biomedical research, drug discovery and development.
You’ll work closely with the Senior Director, Janssen R&D Data Science Strategy & Innovation and the broader team. You will demonstrate strong leadership by working collaboratively to evaluate and implement strategy and creative vision for the organization and across Janssen R&D.
You will assist in the management of cross-functional and cross-therapeutic Area external partnerships. The role requires both a broad conceptual knowledge of existing Data Science landscape and have experience in project and alliance management. This candidate will work with the Data science team to handle multiple projects, partnerships and initiatives at a time with guidance from the Sr Director and other data science leadership.
Strategic And Innovative Leadership
Strategic and Operational Responsibilities include:
- You’ll develop and execute clear strategies to shape and articulate goals and gain alignment with key external stakeholders
- You will work with JRD Data Science leadership and internal stakeholders to assess and prioritize research and/or technology opportunities and/or projects.
- You contribute to long term data science strategy and aid in management of proof of concepts, identify potential external organizations and emergent trends and opportunities for partnership
- You participate in crafting and assessing creative data science technologies, including emerging data, data storage, software and associated external partner organization capabilities
- You’ll interact and liaise with external firms to bring in the best of data science & technologies
Alliance And Project Management
- You will think cross functionally and across therapeutic areas to ensure objectives are achieved, while collaborating with other key departments in developing strategic projects and innovation-focused initiatives
- Provide practical timelines on contract related issues raised by procurement team and identify risks to projects, and prepare and present issues to internal and external organizations
- Work closely with JRD legal team and procurement teams to draft and negotiate contracts necessary for strategic projects with primary focus on supporting data Science organization. Agreement types include but not limited to: Research Collaboration Agreement, Research Funding Agreements, Material transfer Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements and other related contracts
Interpersonal Skills and Interfaces
- You possess excellent organizational ability to handle workload and ensure appropriate resources are in place and assigned
- Your proven social skills establish relationships, you act as a change agent, and adapt to rapidly changing organizational & business challenges
- You aid in the development and analysis of projects and work independently and collaboratively across the enterprise; you establish relationships that will continue to advance goals and objectives of JRD organization
- You collaborate with authorities to prioritize and generate rigorous scientific data and develop dissemination plans to support across multiple therapeutic areas within JRD
- PhD or advanced degree with at least 3+ years of relevant experience (or Master’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience), in Biology, Molecular Biology, bioinformatics, computational science, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence or related scientific field
- Experience with data and analytics platforms, data science tools, biological data, clinical data and real-world data preferred
- Experience with drug discovery and development practice and project support in a large pharmaceutical setting preferred
- Experience working in or collaborating with external institutions focused on data science/analytics in healthcare and clinical research strongly preferred
- Strong management/leadership skills and proven ability to lead a group of scientists to deliver on objectives in defined timelines required
- Independent, self-motivated and creative with the ability to excel in a goal-oriented, multifaceted dynamic team environment is required
- Experience in developing presentations and communications to be shared with partners is preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills, with a successful track record of collaborating with cross-functional scientific team is required.
- The role will require up to 20% domestic/international travel
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
R&D Engineering (R&D)
- Hospital & Health Care
- Medical Device
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1