Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Data Science. The primary location for this position is Spring House, PA. Consideration will be given to Raritan, NJ; La Jolla, CA; and Beerse, Belgium.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, neuroscience, and infectious disease. Our ultimate goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com.
The R&D Data Science team within Janssen is looking for an extraordinary senior scientist passionate about crafting, developing, and fielding impactful data science solutions. We support projects from discovery through late development. You will help identify viable data science opportunities and then conceive, develop and implement end to end data analytical solutions. There are many ways to explore and analyze data, and this drives the excitement and passion of data scientists at Janssen as many teams are eager to use data to drive scientific innovation. You will be someone who stays on the cutting edge of the data science field in order to implement novel algorithms that influence decisions at various levels in the organization. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing machine learning algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. You’ll be part of a dynamic, accomplished team that supports multiple R&D therapeutic areas in the discovery and development of creative medicines.
The Senior Scientist Will
- Work with colleagues in R&D to conceive, design, build, and implement state-of-the art scientific algorithms to support Janssen R&D initiatives.
- Lead data science projects by developing and applying creative solutions that go beyond current tools to deliver data-driven insights to high-priority scientific problems.
- Participate in project teams and interact closely with scientific colleagues across various disciplines.
- Potentially interact with external partners and/or vendors.
- Provide technical guidance to team members.
- Ph.D. degree and 2+ years of experience, or Master’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience) in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics, Computational Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline.
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning algorithms such as Random Forest, SVM, neural networks, etc. and/or Natural Language Processing techniques.
- Familiarity with large datasets, understanding of data analysis workflows, and/or knowledge of querying languages such as SQL.
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as Python, R, C++, or Java.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 15% domestically.
- Familiarity with drug discovery and clinical development processes.
- Experience delivering on data science projects using predictive technologies, data mining and/or text mining.
- Handling of healthcare relevant datasets, such as EHR, insurance claims or registry data.
- Experience with visualization software/tools such as R, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
- Hospital & Health Care
- Medical Device
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1