We are stretching our vision and obsessive approach to providing customer benefit by improving people’s lives in fundamentally new ways beyond audio entertainment. This new business will leverage new-to-the-world technologies, along with academic and corporate partnerships, and translate them into compelling consumer experiences that make a difference– as we’ve done with our new Noise-masking Sleepbuds(TM) and Hearphones(TM). We are working on additional experiences and products that we believe will resonate just as strongly with consumers. Our group has the bold attitude and energy of a start-up with the financial backing and market leadership of a world-class brand.
The Senior Software QA Automation Engineer is responsible for validation of the quality, performance and security of our embedded software products. You will help guide our group’s future in automation to extend Bose’s tradition of excellence. Duties include designing test strategies and frameworks for automation, test planning, implementation, execution, and reporting. The successful candidate will have significant automation test experience with embedded software devices and wireless communications protocols, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Design and develop automation frameworks and test suites to test Bose products and services, working with Engineering, QA, System Architects, Product Owners, and others
- Understand frameworks, approaches, and test strategies used by peer teams; leverage, extend, and share wherever possible
- Champion quality throughout the development process
- Create the product specific validation plans for manual and automation testing that ensure proper product functionality
- Support team direction to best implement continuous integration and automated overnight build testing
- Design and implement Python code for new or existing features
- Design, implement and execute test procedures for Bluetooth devices
- Support all phases of the software lifecycle including requirements analysis, testing, release validation, and documentation
- Implement, track, and report key metrics to assure full coverage of functional and non-functional requirements
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years’ industry experience in QA or Software Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience designing, implementing, and executing automated tests
- Experience with Python and other scripting languages
- Experience using common automation frameworks
- Familiarity with version control, bug tracking, and CI / CD systems and procedures
- Expertise with Bluetooth, WiFi, or other networking protocols.
- Experience with basic lab equipment (Bluetooth analyzers)
- Experience in the medical device industry and knowledge of FDA regulations is preferred
- Strong sense of ownership, passionate, fast learner, detail-oriented, analytical mindset, perfection seeker.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
What’s in it for you:
- Work with leading-edge technologies that deliver excellent experiences to customers
- Join a top notch, multidisciplinary, transparent, and agile team.
- Create innovative Wellness products that improve people’s lives.
- Enjoy a culture of excellence, respect, opportunity and passion for innovation
- Receive a competitive salary, benefit program and retirement plan
- Consumer Electronics
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1