The Advanced Data Analytics Technology Team in Fidelity’s Asset Management organization is an embedded team focused on unlocking the potential of new technologies, techniques and datasets, to assist our Investment Professionals in generating alpha for our investment products and customers.
The team is comprised of a diverse set of technology professionals including application developers, database engineers, data scientists and tool prototypers with quantitative backgrounds who work collectively with our business partners to take ideas from a whiteboard, through prototypes that garner feedback to be rapidly deployed to our users, all the way through to integration with enterprise applications both on prem and on the cloud.
The role is ideal for someone with an enterprise development background, with a strong technology and coding skills, looking to operate in a less constrained environment, as part of an accelerated development team.
The role is ideal for a skilled technical individual with strong design and collaboration skills. Ideally the candidate is a full stack, but this role will be primarily focused on the middle tier development.
The ideal candidate with have a strong technology background with a demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new technologies, a go-getter, a proven ability to work with quantitative concepts and data, and a solid understanding and experience with the investment management business.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required.
- 5+ years experience of enterprise development and a desire to work on a fast paced development team with the experience of handling multiple tracks concurrently.
- Strong background with object orientated programming, with projects completed leveraging many of the following technologies including Python, .Net, .Net Core, C# or Java
- Excellent knowledge and experience in designing, developing, and consuming RESTful API based web services on Windows using C# and on Linux using Java
- Strong middle-tier development connecting to various data stores like S3, ODBC, REST APIs,etc.
- Experience in Pattern Matching to extract data from Web Sites (Web Scraping), Text Documents, or html files using Python, C#, and RegEx
- Leverage algorithms and parallel processing techniques to optimize production processes
- Working knowledge in parallel processing large datasets using Python, Pyspark, and / or Spark
- Solid experience of application builds & deployment using CI/CD tools – Git, Stash, etc.,
Knowledge of Cloud computing concepts (AWS) and working experience with deploying and managing applications in the Cloud
The Skills You Bring
You have experience with extracting of text through parsing html, xml, json, text, pdf, word, and other types of documents
- Your proven experience developing RESTful API based web services on Windows and Linux and strong middle-tier development along with scripting and VI tools and commands
- You have a track record of engineering excellence with a strong understanding of object-orientated programming and fundamental design principles for building scalable applications
- You’re not intimidated by Conceptual Design to Rapid Prototyping
- You have a proven background with enterprise development and a proven ability rapidly bring projects from inception to delivery in challenging timeframes.
- You have knowledge or interest in working with document stores and experience with extracting text through pattern matching and parsing html, xml, json, text, pdf, word, and other types of documents
- You are familiar with extracting data from REST APIs and parallel processing large datasets
- You have knowledge or interest in developing custom Data Pipelines to extract data, map data, transform data, and to load data in various data stores like Oracle, S3, and / or shared drives.
- You are familiar with taking software through its lifecycle, familiar with Agile, using CI/CD from concept to building to deployment using tools like Git/Stash, Jenkins, etc
- Participating in problem solving, troubleshooting, performance turning, production support, and maintenance of existing APIs
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts and working experience with deploying and managing applications in the Cloud
So you have the basic skills we are looking for – here are some of the additional skills that will differentiate you and make you the ideal candidate:
Knowledge in Web Scraping, extracting text from HTML, PDF, Word, etc.
Knowledge in RDBMS, ODBC, and ODP.Net
Knowledge of cloud (AWS / Azure)
- Knowledge working with Python and R libraries
- Knowledge in Lucid Works, Elastic, and / or Lucene
Knowledge in Apache SOLR features
- Your proven hands-on experience in developing applications utilizing MVC
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Asset Management Technology (AMT) provides worldwide technology and support to all the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. AMT is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enable Asset Management to achieve competitive advantage globally.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1