Do you want to join a team of creative and talented software engineers who are helping to revolutionize hybrid storage and data movement to the cloud? Do you want to be a part of one of the newest AWS services and have the chance to help define and build its future? Do you want to share in the excitement and challenge of building world-class software solutions within the fastest growing division of Amazon? If you answered yes to these questions and then come be a part of the AWS DataSync team.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon, with over a million active customers in 190 countries around the world. AWS’s code serves millions of requests per second and it does so with sub-second latency and in a fault-tolerant manner.
AWS DataSync is looking for innovative engineers with a passion for solving challenging problems to join the team and help evolve the service. DataSync enables customers to simplify and automate the movement of data between on-premises storage and the AWS cloud at speeds 10 times faster than open-source solutions. If you enjoy creating software and solutions which have a real customer impact, this is your chance to join a team early in its life and help shape the future of a growing service.
As a software development engineer on the DataSync team, you will be a key contributor to the future direction and growth of the service. You will be part of a team of highly productive and action-oriented professionals and help architect and implement the next set of features and functionality. You will investigate operational issues, resolve customer challenges and help maintain and enhance the operational excellence that creates loyal AWS customers. In short, as a member of this team, you will be given the opportunity to make fundamental contributions to the design and architecture of the service and to grow your technical and professional skills while helping DataSync and AWS grow.
Their team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, their entire team is co-located in the Boston office, but they’re also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. They generally keep core in-office hours from 10 am to 4 pm. About half of them come in earlier and the other half of their stay later.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Their team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Their team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and they’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Their senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
They care about your career growth. They try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Their team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes, they do get to build a really cool service, but they also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture they try to cultivate every day.
They’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
This is a full-time position and is based in their Boston, MA office located in the Seaport District with parking, easy T access to South Station, and a beautiful view of Boston Harbor.
Apply online at http://www.amazon.jobs/
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in system software development and delivery
- 3+ years of experience building, leading, managing, and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
- Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills (Java, C#, and/or C++)
- Deep understanding of computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
- Master Degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Experience managing multiple concurrent programs, projects, and development teams in an Agile environment.
- Experience designing and building customer-facing products
- Experience building large scale distributed systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving
- Proven track record of delivery
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1