This is a post on behalf of the AIPlus hiring partner.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Their office will remain closed until they feel it is safe to return. All interviews will be virtual until further notice. Small Teams; Big Data
Our hiring is looking for individuals who are motivated by complex and challenging work. They want to work with people who share compelling solutions to those challenges, solutions informed by their unique experiences, passions, and expertise.
They are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their global engineering team in New York City. They need a person who can work hands-on as an engineer, solving complex problems and building advanced software systems. They face daily challenges that are both unique and engaging while processing data at a petabyte scale. That is over one trillion data points in any given 60-day period — with consumer privacy and data security at the heart of everything they do.
The size and scale of their challenges demand the use of cutting-edge, open-source technologies, like Apache Spark, Apache Beam, and Kubernetes. They’re proud to have been built on Scala from day one.
Collaboration is at the forefront of their day-to-day at the company. You would be working with multiple engineering domains, and with their commercial teams, to guarantee that they are delivering the best products. They believe that their engineers have an obligation to dissent and discuss. A successful engineer understands that their ideas hold weight, and they contribute freely and regularly. They want someone who is motivated to find large-scale solutions with them. They work with big data on small teams. Every contribution is important.
When you work with them, you matter. They ask their employees to make an impact and feel it is only right to give a lot in return. They offer every employee a 401k with matching, generous maternity/parental leave, and PTO. They believe if you’re sick, feel like you’re getting sick, or just need a personal day, you should take that time to get better. They have free virtual lunches every month, free continuous education, and an open-door policy every day. They make sure their virtual office is a welcoming space, full of individuals who can teach and learn from one another every day.
Technologies they use (don’t worry, they’ll teach you):
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google Dataflow/Beam, SQL, BigQuery
- Scala, sbt, cats, http4s, fs2
- Spark, Python
- Airflow, Looker, Kubernetes
They are looking for candidates who meet some of the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of software engineering
- Experience working with Big Data
- Experience with containerization
- Multi-threaded application development
- Experience architecting and implementing fault-tolerant complex systems
- Scala programming experience
- 1+ years functional programming experience
- Knowledge of the JVM ecosystem
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, BigQuery
A Day In The Life Of Engineer
- Serve as a Senior member of the team by contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation
- Mentor junior engineers and enable their growth
- Lead and drive technical projects. Take responsibility for the planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Collaborate with another engineering, product, and data science teams to ensure they’re building the best products
- A strong leader capable of motivating and energizing your fellow team members and gaining their respect
- Generous PTO, sick time off, and paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401k matching, Life, LTD & STD Insurance, dental, vision, and telehealth plan with 24/7 access to a dedicated team of physical and mental healthcare providers
- On-site medical and dental partitioners (they bring the doctors in-house so you can make appointments at your convenience)
- Scala School (they’ll teach you!), peer-lead professional development, continuous education stipend, and an abundance of resources to help you stay sharp
- Unlimited snacks and beverages, collaboration catered lunches (virtual lunches until they’re back in the office)
- Discounts on gym memberships and wellness programs 😉
- Foosball, ping pong, diversity and inclusion group, book club, Tough Mudder, push-up challenges, and tons of other extra-curricular activities that will make you feel like part of their family (virtual game nights and happy hours until they’re back in the office)
They use Scala, in combination with large-scale data processing and open-source technologies, to build their device graph. Across their engineering teams, they also use Scala, GCP, Spark, Kubernetes, Python, TypeScript, Angular, and anything else that helps them get the job done. They’re open-minded about new technologies, they’re passionate about what they do, and they make time for everyone to learn and grow as the industry changes. Engineers are approachable and ambitious people who think outside the box and solve big problems collaboratively. Are you up for the challenge?
Our hiring partner is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1