About the Position
Bose Professional is looking for a high performing Software Engineer that can be an individual contributor and/or software architect for Desktop Software Applications. We are looking for a person that has the highest of code and product quality standards with an equally high standard for software design, maintainability, and best practices.
You will be tasked to work on a small but tight knit team of Software, Firmware, DSP, SQA, Automation Test Engineers to develop best in class professional audio software applications used to design, configure, commission, or control Bose’s professional audio amplifiers and DSP’s that will drive our award-winning loudspeakers.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Versatility in the candidate is key, since you may be working on anything from a PC application, such as Modeler or ControlSpace Designer, to a mobile application, such as ControlSpace Remote. You will need to work with Product Marketing and SQA to understand customer needs to synthesize and refine product requirements to create elegant, intuitive, innovative, and high quality products. Your ability to work with, understand, and more importantly develop applications that interface to embedded devices is paramount.
- Windows application development using Microsoft or third party toolkits and services
- Ability to code or learn multiple languages such as C++, C#
- Objected Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Multi-threaded or Multi-Core programming
- Advanced debugging skills
- Network programming
- Source Code Configuration Management tools and practices
- Expert understand Software Development Lifecycle
- Able to work in backend, mid-layer, and user interface code
Other Skills (must be advanced in at least three)
- Algorithms and Optimizations
- Microsoft toolkits such as WPF, WCF
- Network communications and protocols
- Cross platform frameworks/toolkits such as JUCE, Qt, OpenGL, OpenMP, OpenCL
- Large data visualization
- Distributed or Parallel Computing
- Hardware Interface Programming Experience (USB, Serial, etc.)
- Creation of software architecture and design documentation
- Creation of software unit test
- Development to support white box testing
- Software development and application installation best practices
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related field + 8 – 15 years’ experience
- Agile software development experience
- Front of House or Recording Engineer
- Interest or knowledge in Professional Audio or video
- Signal processing
- Experience with 3D graphics
- Experience managing third party contract houses
About Bose Professional
Bose Professional provides complete sound system solutions for venues ranging in size and sophistication from business music all the way up to engineered environments such as houses of worship, sports stadiums and concert halls. We design and develop exceptional and innovative hardware and software that supports the sound system from design to installation, commissioning to maintenance.
About Bose Corporation
Bose Corporation touches the lives of millions of people every day by offering quality sound solutions for community spaces from airports to restaurants, family spaces such as homes and automobiles, and private spaces via headsets and streaming audio. We strive to make the world sound better through innovation and creativity. Bose is an equal opportunity employer.
- Consumer Electronics
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1