We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer to help us build awesome Android app (for Macy’s) that integrate with our services platform. The Mobile group is responsible for application architecture, development and innovation of new feature development to support consumer mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Android application design and development, with one or more apps in the Google Play Store.
At Macy’s Technology it isn’t enough to be able to produce great code, we want you to be able to produce great ideas and shape the future of our product.
This person is a leader, who also loves code. Beyond technical capabilities we are also looking for a person who can take diverse and changing requirements and turn them into actionable plans. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of a large company. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving Agile methodology, tracking the current tasks of the team members, and escalating issues as needed. The successful applicant will work closely with Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Product Managers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for working on different layers of the Macy’s Android app.
- Help architect and maintain our set of native mobile applications.
- Design and implement features for Android app.
- Ship quality software quickly and frequently.
- Partner closely with our design and product team to architect a gorgeous application flows seamlessly and works intuitively with our users.
- Work closely with product managers to develop excellent understanding of business needs; collaborate with architects and development teams to come up with high level systems design that is aligned with Macy’s reference architecture, technology roadmap, software development best practices, patterns and standards.
- Enforce engineering rigor by participating in design & code reviews.
- Work with QE team in analyzing and resolving production issues and defects.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in assigned business and technical domains with an excellent understanding of business and system processes, interrelationship/dependencies/interactions among system components and how things work end to end.
- Building applications in memory- and network-constrained scenarios.
- Influence every aspect of the Android development process from API creation, design, and product.
- Own important pieces of the product that has high visibility both internally and externally.
- Envision new products and features that are inspired, considered, and magical.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Passionate, Persistent and Creative – you find clever solutions to problems.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of Experience in software development with a strong command of object oriented principles.
- Experience releasing at least one application into the Play Store.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- In-depth knowledge of Kotlin & Java and Open Source Libraries.
- Deep understanding of Android Platform and tools.
- Experience working with and tuning high volume mobile applications.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment.
- Experience integrating with RESTful API backends.
- Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills.
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
- Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
- Up to 5% travel – Offices Onshore and Offshore, Conferences – up to 4x a yr.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Apparel & Fashion
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1