As a senior technologist, the Mobile Architect is responsible for driving technology delivery and supporting operational excellence for Macy’s Technology. We seek a candidate that is comfortable engaging all aspects of a development cycle that includes data collection, algorithm development, performance assessment, and integration into different hardware platforms. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Create application and system designs that satisfy business and non-functional requirements.
- Architect, design, build and operate scalable software systems and services for iOS or Android smartphones.
- Drive adherence to mobile optimized standards, APIs and governance across Macy’s organization.
- Hands-on code contribution and delivery – libraries, API’s, documentation.
- Coordinate and work closely with other product and design teams to execute solutions
- Design and champions solutions for the mobile channel. Understanding and taking advantage of modern mobile architectures, devices and vendor solutions.
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems
- Provide insights into the AR/VR application requirements and technology trends, deliver the research proposals, define the technology landscape, roadmaps, specifications, etc.
- Architecting and developing mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC’s) leveraging latest modern technologies and ML systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Understanding of mobile security protocols, analytics and social channel integration.
- Work with business and product teams to evaluate 3rd party vendors and SDKs to integrate with Android and iOS Apps.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Overall 10+ years of software development experience.
- Proven track record of building and delivering mobile applications and services for iOS or Android devices.
- Prior Knowledge of ML, VR/AR.
- 3+ years of experience in Agile development methods.
- Solid experience programming in Java, Objective-C, Swift, good current knowledge of Unix/Linux environments, web API, XCode IDE, Interface Builder, iOS/Android SDK, Android Studio, and DB.
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs and micro services.
- Solid secure coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews.
- Preferred experience dealing with cross-functional teams across several countries, as you’ll work across the board – with clients, PMs, UX/UI designers, and mobile engineers to coordinate successful project completions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles
- Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills.
- Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-demanding, client-services, environment.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design patterns
- Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget
- Strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements
- Ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality and within budget
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure environment
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, availability, and internet and mobile OS security fundamentals.
- Knowledge of network protocols and internet/web services: HTML 5, JSON, XML.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you’re interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it’s really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Apparel & Fashion
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1