The Enterprise API Management Team under Platform Engineering is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of Services (full API Lifecycle) for developers contributing to the Digital channels for both Macys and Bloomingdales brands. In addition, this team is developing the platform components for next gen form factor API’s to expand and improve the store shopping experience with mobile technologies and applications designed to captivate and engage our customers. We are looking for an energetic and passionate individual to serve our Development needs. As a member of the API
Management team at Macys Technology, this engineer will help to create technology solutions to meet clients’ business needs and will be responsible for working with internal and external partners to create and enforce Macy’s API standards. The primary area of focus will be a blend of development and support, which includes the design, coding and testing of medium to large application components. The candidate will closely work with Technical Leads, Architects, other Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment. Perform other duties as assigned.
Design, implement, and support J2EE/Java Web applications.
Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
Deliver project assignments with high degree of precision, quality and well within the timelines.
Collaborate with Architects and other Software Engineering resources in designing and implementing integrated, Enterprise solutions.
Perform software root cause analysis.
Provide expertise in the development and calibration of software.
Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
Work with other senior engineers, software architects and quality assurance engineers to resolve development road blocks.
Work with the Technical Lead to create and own system design documentation following standard templates; take initiativesto periodically review and recommend improvements to the templates as needs arise and to keep all documentation up-todate.
Act as subject matter expert (SME) in assigned business and technical domains with an excellent understanding of business and system processes, inter relationship/dependencies/interactions among system components and how things work end to end.
Act as the “go-to” person on integration related questions.
Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Computer Science with 3+ years experience.
- 6+ years total experience as an engineer in a web environment doing development with Java/J2EE.
- 3+ years Spring Dependency Injection and other core Spring features including Spring Boot and RESTful web services.
- Clear understanding of multi-tier Web application architecture and SOA governance.
- Understanding of relational database concepts, dimensional database concepts and database architecture and worked knowledge on one of them (Oracle, Db2, MySQL).
- Sound understanding on performance testing, tuning and analysis experience, in the web development industry ideally in the retail space.
- Conversant in common Internet technologies and protocols (HTTP, SSL, OAuth, JWT, REST, JSON, XML, etc.), and Experience with API tools such as Postman, Swagger/OpenAPI etc.
- Experience with UML modeling and effective communication for design reviews.
JBoss Or Tomcat Experience Preferred.
- Experience with highly scalable, high performance, 100% stable Java web applications.
- Agile/Scrum experienced.
- Web experience in Retail or other high volume customer facing web applications a strong plus.
- Passionate advocate of TDD practices a strong plus.
- Experience working with any API Management tool (Mashery, apigee etc) would be a plus.
- Retail, Cloud/SaaS development experience and analytics knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to clearly write technical specifications.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, fast paced, environment.
- Successful history of web projects delivered.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy’s Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you’re interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it’s really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.
- Apparel & Fashion
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1