About this role
Weaviate brings together the best parts of traditional search engines and cutting-edge neural or vector search. As a result, they combine well-proven concepts, such as inverted-list-based search with novel concepts, such as ANN vector algorithms. As part of this role, it is your responsibility to extend and improve both areas. This means both extending the features set, as well as making them leaner and more reliable. You will work on both the storage, and the retrieval parts of Weaviate. You are passionate about search algorithms, getting the most out of them, and writing optimized code for both. Many of Weaviate’s core search features are on the performance hot path. As a result, you will also be in contact with strict performance goals. You will be part of making both vector and traditional search more feasible at a large scale and with a smaller resource footprint.
What they are looking for
- You have strong experience with Golang. Alternatively with a similar language (C, C++, Rust, Java) and the willingness to adopt Golang.
- You have a great understanding of how inverted-list-based search works and what makes it efficient.
- You are familiar with common storage models, such as Log-Structured Merge Trees (LSM), or B+ trees, as well as the trade-offs involved with choosing the right fit.
- You are passionate about algorithms and data structures and the various trade-offs involved with choosing the right fit.
- You are a great communicator and team player
What they offer
- 100% remote with flexible work hours.
- Competitive compensation, including paid time off.
- You will work at the forefront of search, ML/AI, and cloud-native technologies – and all of it is open source.
- An atmosphere that encourages learning and personal growth, with very experienced team members to learn from.
- Opportunities to speak at conferences, publish blog posts, videos, etc. (We are aware that this is not for everyone and is therefore optional).
About SeMI Technologies
At SeMI Technologies, they believe that the next wave of software infrastructure is AI-first and that a solid open-source community is the basis for creating high-quality software. their flagship solution is the vector search engine Weaviate, with which they aim to serve any community member, large or small, all over the world. Will you join them in this mission?
- Openness by Default – they believe that the best way to create community and build new technology can only be done by being open and transparent. The open nature of their company is not limited to open-source software but also how they communicate with the outside world.
- Listening to their Community – the community of users and customers around the technologies they build have been tremendously gracious in giving them feedback, sharing ideas, and contributing ideas. They go to great lengths to listen and process all forms of feedback to create the best solutions they can.
- Quality – they create core infrastructure that companies in any industry, foundations, and governments rely on. This means they need to develop high-quality software and processes to support them. Every change in software and processes must stand reliability and performance quality control. They always think about the production environment and the impact on existing, and new users first. Additionally, they show their standards through developer friendly-UX and open-source software.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1