The world’s largest financial institutions require vast amounts of data to help their clients manage their portfolios, execute their trades, and analyze the markets. Bloomberg Enterprise Data provides these institutions a platform to make hundreds of thousands of requests for data spanning the full range of the financial industry each day. Supporting this translates to billions of data points that flow through their system daily, including Equities, Commodities, Bonds, Pricing, Corporate Actions, Regulatory, and Reference Data (https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/reference-data/). To meet the demand, the Data License department is responsible for gathering, transforming, and delivering all the data our clients request through a distributed workflow platform, microservices, and web integrations.
Backend and Full-Stack Software Engineers design and implement services and highly distributed workflows that are used across Data License to gather, transform, and deliver data to Enterprise clients for billions of financial data points daily. Workflows are built using Python, RabbitMQ, Celery, PySpark, cloud storage via Ceph developed in Docker containers. Their teams leverage Semantic Web concepts and open standards such as RDF/CSVW that allows their clients to understand how their data is connected. They expose Self-Service controls using Flask web server and React-based Web Apps.
This consultant role will be a member of their engineering team to help develop complex workflows in code, build robust microservices, build tools to transform data in a fast-evolving market environment, and scale distributed architectures to handle massive data pipelines.
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in software development writing object-oriented code in a high-level programming language, designing large-scale applications and writing high-quality tests
- Experience with languages such as Python, C++, or Java
- Developing software in a Linux environment
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects that required significant problem solving, communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies and adapt quickly
They’d love to see:
- Experience working with low-latency, high-volume, and highly-availability distributed systems including deployment, monitoring, and building robust fault-tolerant systems
- Proficiency with development tools such as debuggers and memory profilers
- Experience with application monitoring tools or services
- Experience in an agile or iterative software development process
- Contributions to Open Source projects
- BA, BS, MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
At Bloomberg, they are extremely proud of their diverse, open, and inclusive culture. They value the diversity of thought and perspective in every form. They’re looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision-makers around the world.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and they value diversity at our company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1