Akili is looking for a Senior level Gameplay Engineer who is eager to help our team develop an innovative type of digital medicine that combines the scientific rigor and validation of the medical device industry with entertaining and fun video game mechanics. Our novel interactive medicine can be deployed to patients anywhere and provides rich telemetry and data output to the patients’ doctors. As a Senior Engineer on our team, you will be a creative problem solver who enjoys working with designers, artists and game programmers, helping them implement great game features through tools and code. We are looking for engineers who are enthusiastic about the game development process, want to remove bottlenecks and build software to revolutionize the way we create awesome experiences that help patients in an exciting new way.
Here’s What It Entails
- Help our game developers build without constraints — drive the technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Solve challenging problems — sometimes not well defined — by writing a lot of elegant and practical code.
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain core technology, including tools and engine components.
- Identify pipeline bottlenecks and opportunities for automation.
- Be a champion for our users: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and well-designed tools.
Here’s What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) experience.
- Must have game industry experience (6+ years) working on cross-platform games.
- 8+ years of professional software engineering experience working on multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code in C#.
- Strong understanding of at least one subset of game development: gameplay, networking, graphics, artificial intelligence, physics, asset pipelines, animation, etc.
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
It’s great if you also have
- Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engine development experience.
- Experience in middleware, audio, animation, asset management, world building or physics components.
- Experience developing in large code bases.
Akili – The Company
Akili Interactive (www.akiliinteractive.com) is pioneering the field of digital therapeutics, combining scientific and clinical rigor with the ingenuity of the tech industry to develop novel digital medicines designed to treat cognitive dysfunction and brain-related conditions.
Akili’s flagship product, AKL-T01 in pediatric ADHD, is now under review by FDA for clearance following Akili’s recent filing. Akili previously announced positive top-line results of a multi-center, randomized, double-blind, controlled pivotal study evaluating the safety and efficacy of AKL-T01. If cleared by FDA, AKL-T01 would be the first prescription video game to treat a medical condition and the first prescription digital medicine for children with ADHD. The product is based on technology developed at UCSF that was featured as the cover article in Nature under the headline “Game Changer.”
Akili was founded by leading neuroscientists and top-tier game design veterans to create gaming experiences that are designed to directly treat cognitive deficiency and improve symptoms associated with medical conditions across neurology and psychiatry. Akili has partnerships with top pharmaceutical companies, and has received recent recognition in major media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Fast Company, and The Verge.
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1