The Geo team maintains ownership of their notion of user’s locations, points of interest, and places on Twitter. They work with large datasets and high traffic systems while protecting their user’s privacy.
They aim to help Twitter deliver great content to each user by understanding the specific places they are interested in and identifying the right content associated with each place.
Their engineers build services and tools to automate and simplify our current Geo operations, including ingestion pipelines, location calculations, and other user-facing improvements to their Geosystems.
They care deeply about
- Engineering excellence such as good design abstractions, API stability, best practices, and pragmatic testing
- The incremental approach to providing customer value
- Removing technical debt and finding ways to improve an existing system while managing risk
What You’ll Do
They are looking for engineers who value good architecture and design, who love writing code, have a desire to learn new technologies, thrive on teamwork, and are committed to serving their customers and users.
Together with the team you will work on their extensive set of services and help them determine which ones to retire, which ones to re-architect and what new services we should build. You’ll work with the team and with their internal customers to identify new ways in which location data can be used to improve user experiences on Twitter and build new features to deliver this value.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Shaping the direction of their services, tools, and product portfolio.
- Designing elegant abstractions, shareable libraries, and robust APIs.
- Actively looking for ways to improve the end-to-end experience for developers working on their systems.
- Integrating with Twitter’s serving, cloud, and data infrastructure
- Working closely with engineers and stakeholders across the company.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1