The Storefronts team is highly collaborative with its partners in design, product, data science, creativity, and marketing to deliver features and experiences used by people all over the world. They also work closely with other engineering teams on systems that enable engineers to: develop more efficiently; create improvements that make the product more performant and configurable, and build architectures that are scalable and robust.
Senior Frontend Engineer, Storefronts
- Develop new, highly-configurable UI components and libraries to power new features on Airbnb’s homepage and other high-traffic surfaces on Airbnb’s desktop and mobile web experiences. These components will be used to merchandise a wide array of interesting and new product offerings from Airbnb.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in design, product, marketing, and data science to bring new features from design to production.
- Prototype new features to collect feedback and iterate on to reach ideal product solutions for Airbnb guests.
- Communicate product direction and needs to the foundation and infrastructure teams, and collaborate on defining the technical requirements for future systems.
- Effectively advise stakeholders on the technical scope and feasibility of complex product requirements.
- Write technical specifications for new features and systems.
- Provide mentorship to teammates.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Are proficient with web frontend technology (React, TypeScript, CSS-in-JS, etc)
- Experience with performance and CDN caching strategies.
- Experience with server-driven UI architectures and patterns
- Expertise in API design and GraphQL
- Strong product sense to balance technical limitations and product requirements to develop a quality experience for users
- Strong project scoping and project management skills
- Ability to mentor and develop junior developers through code reviews and 1:1 mentorship
- Willing to embrace challenges and changes with a positive attitude
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company-sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1