Why this role is important to them
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), which became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management, and hedge funds. Together they have created the first open front-to-back platform – State Street Alpha, which was launched in 2019.
Join them if delivering next-generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What You Will Be Responsible For
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will
- Work under minimal supervision to analyze, design, test and debug small to medium software enhancements within Charles River’s business and technical problems.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Managers to turn business requirements of moderate complexity into working and sustainable software
- Participate in the design of product architecture within the team’s scope of responsibility
- Develop test, debug, and implement software programs, applications, and projects using Java, C#, SQL, and other related software engineering languages
- Write unit and automation tests to ensure a high-quality end product
- Contribute the written design and API documentation, and participate in the customer documentation process
- Participate in cross-team group activities to complete assignments
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
What They Value
- Extensive Java n-tier application experience
- Programming skills
- JVM Languages
- Kubernetes, Kafka, Azure, AWS
- Commercial Software
- Reactive programing, KSQL, Kstreams, Apache
- Strong SQL skills with considerable experience in Oracle or SQL Server
- Strong with OO design and development
- Solid grasp of algorithms, solving difficult heuristic/optimization types of problems
- Experience with developing applications for the financial markets is required (Fixed Income, Trading, FX, Risk, Portfolio/Wealth Management, Market Data, FIX, etc.)
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5 to 10+ years of commercial software development, proficient in developing multi-tier solutions
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Knowledgeable of commercial software development, proficient in developing multi-tier solutions
- Professional Java development experience, core Java and Multithreading
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and adapt quickly to changes
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector (Math background highly desirable)
Other Related Skills
- Apache Ignite
- Apache NIFI
- Recon, Big Data
- DSL/Low code System
About State Street
What they do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation they’re making their mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, they’ve been helping their clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. They provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live, and Grow. They make all efforts to create a great work environment. Their benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to a flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And their wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility. They truly believe their employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both their organization and their clients. They warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with their communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, a matching gift program,s and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1