Location: San Francisco, CA
You will join Akili during our early stages of building new integrations to bring our digital therapeutic treatment that presents in the form of a video game to market. This is a hands on software developer and problem solving role. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in a “greenfield” software project – developing a system for a new environment that doesn’t have legacy systems constraints.
You will develop the software, middleware, or custom applications to make sure our therapy products and operational systems function together with appropriate performance and security. As a systems integration engineer, you will focus on the entire system, not just a single piece of it in isolation.
What It Entails
- Work with other engineers, partners and colleagues, to discuss application and architectural solutions
- Serve as a hands on software development engineer using the language and tools best suited to solve the problem.
- Develop integration to connect our custom digital therapy product with operational systems and healthcare hubs
- Develop technical documents to propose alternative solutions, document the implemented design and define test cases
- Understand the different components of our custom technology stack as well as partner SaaS solutions as they are rolled out
Here’s What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- 8+ years experience as a Software Engineer
- Integration experience with CRM systems such as Veeva or Salesforce
- Hands on experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) SDKs – such as SQS, S3, SNS, RDS, Lambda
- Strong understanding of both relational and NoSQL databases
- Understands Single Sign On, OAuth, and other authentication protocols used commonly between SaaS providers
- Experience developing solutions using any one of many languages as best suited for the situation, including: Scala, Java, Node.JS, Python
- Understand computer hardware, software, and networking and enjoy constant learning
- Enjoy both analytical and hands-on work to solve problems
- Communicate well with stakeholders, partners and other engineers and well rounded technically
- Able to focus on a problem to completion with a strong attention to detail
It’s great if you also have
- HIPAA experience
- Experience with one or more areas in Healthcare: EHR/EMR integration, Speciality Pharmacy or HUB integration
- Experience with ERP integration (such as Netsuite, Dynamics, SAP)
- Experience working with QA to create test case definitions for solutions you have designed
- Continuous Integration and Development
- PCI, payment processing and credit card transaction processing
- Agile Development
- Able to provide written technical documentation samples, or links to open source projects (github projects or documentation you have written)
Akili – The Company
Akili Interactive (www.akiliinteractive.com) is pioneering the field of digital therapeutics, combining scientific and clinical rigor with the ingenuity of the tech industry to develop novel digital medicines designed to treat cognitive dysfunction and brain-related conditions.
Akili’s flagship product, AKL-T01 in pediatric ADHD, is now under review by FDA for clearance following Akili’s recent filing. Akili previously announced positive top-line results of a multi-center, randomized, double-blind, controlled pivotal study evaluating the safety and efficacy of AKL-T01. If cleared by FDA, AKL-T01 would be the first prescription video game to treat a medical condition and the first prescription digital medicine for children with ADHD. The product is based on technology developed at UCSF that was featured as the cover article in Nature under the headline “Game Changer.”
Akili was founded by leading neuroscientists and top-tier game design veterans to create gaming experiences that are designed to directly treat cognitive deficiency and improve symptoms associated with medical conditions across neurology and psychiatry. Akili has partnerships with top pharmaceutical companies, and has received recent recognition in major media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Fast Company, and The Verge.
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1