They are looking for an experienced .NET/C# engineer to join the team working on building their next-generation Payments Platform. The successful engineer will report to the Director of Platform Development for Issuer Processing. This role will focus on building high-performance APIs that will enable integration with and across the new platform. This role will contribute to building and maintaining Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines. This role will interface directly with staff members of Product and Project Management, Quality Assurance, in addition to other members of the Engineering team and offers a significant potential to positively impact Issuer Processing’s future.
As a key member of the development team, the candidate should be comfortable building APIs with Microsoft technology. Additionally, the ability to drive technical ideas and communicate clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences is essential to this role.
What They Expect Of You, Day To Day.
- Design and develop API based applications using C#, .NET Core/.NET utilizing Microsoft tools such as Visual Studio.
- Design, develop, document, and implement new functionality, as well as build enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Develop TDD/BDD unit-tests and oversee execution.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams on software development or support issues.
- Engage with Quality Assurance team members on defect triage and resolution.
- Lead the development and oversee programming testing functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered while fulfilling expectations.
- Work as part of a development team and establish close working relationships with stakeholders, quality assurance, architects, management, and peers in engineering.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
- Prepare design documents; evaluate and recommend solutions to meet user requirements; define and implement solutions.
- Participate in the Agile process including stand-up meetings, sprint planning, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Lead by example; demonstrating accountability, mentoring junior team members, and contributing to departmental procedures, best practices, and standards.
Thinking About Careers Differently…
At Visa, they are passionate to offer their employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you do not have experience in this function there could be skills or experiences, which would transfer well. For this role, the key skills required are:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience using C#, ASP.NET 4.0, and the .Net framework (versions 4.5+ preferred)
- Extensive experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or mid-level experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or some experience with a Ph.D.
- Experience in best practices for API development and design patterns.
- Knowledge of SQL Server, NoSQL, stored procedures, database design preferred.
- Experience in building and maintaining Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines
- Experience in utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, NUnit
- Experience in defining remote communication methodologies such as web services, WCF, MQ, and Rest preferred.
- Experience with WebAPI and REST services preferred.
- Design, develop, document, and implement new functionality, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software
- Experience in creating performing tests and produce results to ensure accurate compliance with project design
requirements for compliance, load, and performance testing
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Experience in all phases of software development life cycle including project management, functional requirements
definition, technical design, development, testing, quality assurance, system
certification, systems implementation, and system validation.
- Experience in creating database related technical designs, effort estimation, design, and analytical aptitude
- Consistently able to assess and evaluate problems in a production environment and manage risk to the service when recommending a change
- Strong secure coding practices
- Strong experience working in an Agile environment. Commitment to Agile values and team-based work.
- Experience in implementing Application Telemetry to help facilitate real-time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
- Should be able to understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with the security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
- Experience in virtualized environments, including deployments, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Analyze and troubleshoot deployment issues in a timely manner
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – they’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only their brand promise, it’s the foundation of their company culture. They foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture, and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay, and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold them all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of their worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to their clients.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1